American Dream Dusty Rhodes
The Wild Somoans
Mr Fuji
The Sheik
Jim Ross (just announced Monday)
  03-28-2007, 06:08 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I think it's only going to be a highlight thing like they did the previous years. The only 4 mentioned in the advertising was Mr Perfect, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross. Only reason for Perfect is because of Wade Boggs, only reason for Lawler because William Shatner inducts him and Steve Austin inducts JR.

I think it kinda sucks they did this thing just for the "celebrity" thing. It be nice if someone like Bret Hart would have inducted Perfect. Lawler should have been inducted by who he wanted, Memphis wrestling announcer Lance Russell. Personally I think Bill Watts should have inducted Ross.

I think they should have waited on the Shiek, Lawler, and Ross inductions until WWE got a chance to purchase the Big Time Wrestling, Memphis, and Mid-South/UWF footage.

Ricky Steamboat should have been inducted this year.

I'm waiting to see the DVD since I'm a big Nick Bockwinkel mark and Heenan is usually hilarious at the Hall of Fame.
  03-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I think you are right, its a shame though as there is nothing on USA Network that late anyway so why not run the full thing?

I like how they are including the whole thing on the DVD sets though, and I agree I would have waited on some but Jim Ross is defintely deserving (as are the others)

Hasnt Ricky Steamboat had "issues" with Vince over the last few years, I recall something about their relationship being luke warm at best. I know Steamboat was a road manager a few years back but there seems to be more to the story which would explain his position in WWF related merchandise (no Steamboat classic figure, no Legends DVD, nothing)

His match with Savage at WMIII and with 2 matches with Flair in (Clash and Nashville) automatically earned him HOF in my book. They still hold up today as several of the greatest matches in history.
  03-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I think the Steamboat deal has more to do with the fact that his ex-wife got the rights to the name Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. WWE would have to go through her to use the name. I think this may have been worked out recently, but I'm not that knowledgeable about that situation.

I'm surprised this year's Wrestlemania hasn't been pushed more as the 20th anniversary of Wrestlemania 3. Then again maybe not since no Hogan, Savage, or Steamboat.
  04-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Cool