03-08-2008, 11:22 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
New Twist for Spike TV's 'The Ultimate Fighter' - They Have to Fight and Win to Get into the Ultimate Fighter House(TM)!

'The Ultimate Fighter Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest' Premieres Wednesday, April 2 at 10pm ET/PT with 32 Middleweight Fighters

First Two Episodes to Feature 16 Fights to Determine Who Stays to Compete for a Six-Figure Deal With the UFC

NEW YORK, March 7 -- For the first time in show history, Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter" will begin the season with 32 middleweight fighters (185 lbs), with the caveat that each fighter must fight his way into the Ultimate Fighter House. Season seven of "The Ultimate Fighter," premiering Wednesday, April 2 (10:00-11:00pm ET/PT), will feature current UFC light-heavyweight champion, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and "The Ultimate Fighter" season one victor and light-heavyweight contender, Forrest Griffin, as coaches.

The first two episodes (airing April 2 and April 9) will include a total of 16 fights, either airing in their entirety or featuring extensive highlights. The 16 fighters who win will advance to the Ultimate Fighter House and the 16 fighters who lose will go home. The winning fighters of these preliminary bouts will have the opportunity to win a six-figure contract with the preeminent mixed martial arts organization in the world, The Ultimate Fighting Championship(R).

"The new format will give us two incredibly intense episodes to launch the season and will weed out some of the guys who might not have the heart and desire that it takes to become a UFC fighter," notes Dana White, president of the UFC and host of "The Ultimate Fighter."

During the six-week taping of "The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest," the 16 men endure a grueling regimen of jiu-jitsu, judo, muay thai, karate, boxing and wrestling. The intense competition between the fighters continues after they leave the gym -- at The Ultimate Fighter House. These warriors must live together, knowing that any day they might be forced to fight each other in the famed UFC Octagon(TM). The two finalists will square off in a live finale Saturday, June 21 on Spike TV, when the winner will be declared The Ultimate Fighter(R) and net the aforementioned contract and a cash prize.

Spike.com will have 3-5 minutes of exclusive footage from each episode of "The Ultimate Fighter" and an exclusive video sneak peek of the upcoming episode.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  03-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
dang i hope they broadcast in HD
  03-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Me too.
  03-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
man i cant wait. seems like forever away. this is probably the one im looking forward to the most. Rampage and Forrest are like my top favorites. Both are funny as hell and can throw down with the best of them. Thats just my opinion though.
  03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I'm a huge Forrest fan. I can't wait to see it.