Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

03-31-2008, 09:18 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
According to several pro wrestling spoiler sites Ric Flair will have some kind of retirement ceremony on Raw Tonight. Also scheduled to appear are Tully Blanchard, J.J Dillon, and Arn Anderson & Barry Windham are WWE road agents so they'll be there too. Some other surprise people are expected to show up too.

If they all get together as expected that was considered the strongest and best version of all the Four Horsemen combinations.

Even if you're not much of a fan these days it should be something to see.
  03-31-2008, 09:20 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
sad to see him go, but i think he will stay with the WWE in some form, either as a manager or behind the scenes.
  03-31-2008, 09:25 AM

Verified Member

I think he is going to do PR and promotional stuff for the company. Yep sad to see him go but he lasted a long time and had a lot of great and memorable matches and his promos were awesome for it's time too.
  03-31-2008, 12:09 PM

Verified Member

if WWE was smart they would rush to put out a 3 disk Ric Flair dvd set (like the Stone Cold one). It's the perfect time to sell it too!
  03-31-2008, 01:11 PM

Verified Member

It's kinda surprising that they didn't since when the original 3 disc set came out it did really well and wasn't promoted that much. I'm pretty sure if WWE doesn't have his debut match they have some of his rookie stuff when he was like 300 pounds in the AWA. Flair has so much stuff that's out there that WWE doesn't own all of it since he defended the NWA title in virtually every promotion under the NWA banner and the AWA. One of the reasons I think a new disc wasn't planned out in advance was that the retirement scenario wasn't a concrete idea until the last minute.
  03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
They already did a 3 disc ric flair dvd set Raman. :-)
I was glad they didnt do some stupid crap for his farewell.

It was nice to see Ricky the dragon & The Horsemen.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .............woo wooo wooooo

Ithink flair should become a manager like James J. Put together 4 Large Men call them The ClydesDale lol

1: Big Show
2: Batasita
3:Triple H - Not tall but worthy.
4: UnderTaker lol

or

Bring back Sid.

Kahli is a waste. all height no skills.

04-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
That dude is old.
  04-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Verified Member

Like Hulk Hogan is a spring chicken(an orange one to boot too

Very emotional stuff. I kept reading on the wrestling boards of how fans were bawling while watching it. I thought it was a little humorous when Flair said that was the last time he was ever going to wrestle again. First thought is that what every wrestler says when they "retire".

Wow anybody else notice the jewelry. WWE are now giving the Hall of Famers rings and it looked like Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Flair had some kind of WWE rolex watches with the logo on them.

As far as Sid goes he is already plotting a comeback in the NWA. I don't know if Sid could ever pass a urine test to get back to WWE since the heavy enforcement of the drug policies these days.

Raw was solid this week with some really good matches and it looks like the WWE is starting to get back to pushing tag teams. And yeah the Great Krappy sucks, but in India they still believe wrestling is real and he's some kind of national hero
  04-01-2008, 08:49 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WEW3
And yeah the Great Krappy sucks, but in India they still believe wrestling is real and he's some kind of national hero
What??????

Dude, I'm Indian and I am really embarrassed by how bad Khali is. But it was hilarious when I saw a segment on one of my Indian news channels where they broke down the Hornswoggle vs. Great Khali match. They said that Hornswoggle cheated. LOL.
  04-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Verified Member

One of the reason he keeps getting pushed is that he is popular there(and correct me if I'm wrong, please From what I've read his matches are edited to show him not losing or due to some kind of cheating. The fact that anyone can still say there is cheating in pro wrestling is hilarious to me ; )
  04-01-2008, 09:06 AM

Verified Member

lol, they showed the whole match on that newscast I saw. But, I really don't care that much about him because he is really bad.

Vince McMahon has a love affair for all those tall wrestlers. That's why he's continuing to get pushes. The next fight looks like Big Show and Khali. EVERYONE knows who's gonna win that one.
  04-01-2008, 09:25 AM

Verified Member

Well hasn't Kevin Nash only had like a couple of watchable matches too ; ) Only memorable ones are the ones he had with Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart to me. Khali had some pretty good matches here and there with John Cena and Batista(yeah surprising, but parts of the Punjabi Death Match is worth watching) He's just so big it's tough for anybody to have a good match with him.

Yeah Vince always gets a rise from the big guys. Vince is like 6'3 so I guess in his mind he thinks the top stars should be bigger than him. But he's also what in his 60s and still thinks he can have competitive matches with the younger guys.
  04-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I wanna know their shoe size lol