Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

04-24-2009, 03:41 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
If you decide to buy this retail release via online please be aware that SEASON 1 of Tales From the Darkside from CBS/Paramount has literally all of the music altered and changed due to crap rights issues. In most cases it destroys the atmosphere the show was intending to bring across.

On the back of the box in very small letters it mentions several eps are altered. I got hold (well on the way) of a bootleg fan amade set from tv airings off ioffer (this is a 9-disc version and not the common 6-disc)
  04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I'm glad I recorded a ton of these from all those Sci Fi marathon airings.
  04-25-2009, 08:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I think Mhadley has the whole series from tv airings and those way oop vhs/laser disc 2 volume releases? The fan set I purchased mentioned having a majority of the eps from the WGP network in Chicago. Eventually the dvd pic with tv audio project might surface. I know sometimes masters from shows are not stored well, but Jeez for an 80's show this retail set sure has a lot of grain and noise

I also think the episode for trick or treat was cut. I could have sworn it showed the witch at the end flying across the moon. On this dvd it shows the moon for about two seconds before cutting away. I have to dig out and check my old tv airing (which was actually shown on ABC once as a special)
  04-20-2010, 07:43 PM

Stats: 65 posts since Feb 2010
Hi I'm actually working on a new fan set with caps from syfy and chiller to my knowledge these are uncut with original audio intact. However I'm missing 3 episodes from season 4 to complete this set. If you have these episodes would you be willing to work out a quick swap.
401 -beetles
402 -mary,mary
403 -the spirit photographer
  04-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetea View Post
Hi I'm actually working on a new fan set with caps from syfy and chiller to my knowledge these are uncut with original audio intact. However I'm missing 3 episodes from season 4 to complete this set. If you have these episodes would you be willing to work out a quick swap.
401 -beetles
402 -mary,mary
403 -the spirit photographer
I'll see if I have these.
How many episodes a disc are you doing?
  04-21-2010, 05:11 AM

Stats: 65 posts since Feb 2010
I definately plan to keep each disc under sp mode. 4-5 eps