Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

08-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Please reply to this post if you can add to this list!

Sites like this are not only selling fake DVDs, many times they have ties to hardcore illegal crime, be it mafia, mob, terrorism, etc. These sites are almost always run out of countries like Russia, China, and other off-shore locations. You can pretty much count on having your financial details stolen (ID theft), and it's unlikely you'll get any DVDs. If you do actually get some discs, count on them being low-quality 6-hour DVDs that look like crap, burned to cheapo blank discs that will likely have problems. At best, sometimes you'll get poor Chinese knock-off copies, with Chinese text on screen.

Don't be an idiot -- don't buy from these crappy rip-off sites. If it's not sold on an official site such as Amazon USA, Amazon Canada or Amazon UK, then it doesn't exist on retail DVD. You've not run across some super double-secret special release that Amazon doesn't know about. It just doesn't work that way.

These sites are scams, and it sucks to be ripped off simply because you want to watch your favorite TV shows.

Sites that are crossed out have been shut down. Good riddance.
Sites that are bold red are still active -- BEWARE!!

The scam sites:
  • allmyfavoriteshows.com
  • americandvd.tv
  • bestdvdentertainment.com
  • boxedtvseries.com
  • boxset4less.com
  • boxsetseries.com
  • cartoon77.com
  • cartoonsaloon.net
  • cddvdforall.com
  • classicmediadvd.com
  • classicmoviepacks.com
  • completeboxedset.com
  • completeseries.tv
  • coopersjd.com
  • crazy4cartoons.com
  • creativemediamarketing.net
  • dakcollectibles.com / dakcollectibles.blogspot.com
  • dazzledvd.com
  • dvdads.tv
  • dvdavenue.tv
  • dvdcollections.tv
  • dvdcollectionsale.com
  • dvdcollects.com
  • dvdcraze.tv
  • dvddiesel.com
  • dvdhunters.com
  • dvdigniter.com
  • dvdmediastar.com
  • dvdmsn.com
  • dvdorderonline.com
  • dvdshop88.com
  • dvdshowsonline.com
  • dvdtvweb.com
  • dvduz.com
  • e-mediastore.tv
  • entireseries.tv
  • empiricalfilm.tv
  • getdvdset.com
  • getitnowdvd.com
  • greattvshows.blogspot.com
  • groupondvd.com
  • hotdvdcollection.com
  • imissmycartoon.com
  • internationalfilm.tv
  • kozaksdiscount.com
  • maxtoons.com
  • mediaenterprises.tv
  • medialimited.tv
  • mydvdsupplier.com
  • mymediaoutlet.net
  • myraretvshowsondvd.com
  • ontherunvideo.com
  • raredvds.tv
  • realdvds.tv
  • showtvd.com
  • stores.sumogorilla.com
  • televisionmedia.net
  • thebestdamntvshows.tv
  • thegoodolddaystv.com
  • themediadepot.tv
  • towards2112.com
  • tvaddicts.tv
  • tvboxset.com
  • tvdirectmedia.com
  • tvdvdland.com
  • tvdvdmania.com
  • tvdvdmania.tv
  • tvdvdmedia.com
  • tvdvdplanet.com
  • tvinthebox.com
  • tvmilk.com
  • tvondisc.com
  • tvpast.com
  • tvseries.tv
  • tvshowheaven.com
  • tvshowplanet.info
  • tvshowplanet.net
  • tvshowsdirect.com
  • tvstown.com
  • ultimatedvdshop.com
  • vintageshack.com
  • warlockvideoz.com
  • web-worldwide.net
  • wholesaletvboxsets.com

Again, please reply to this post if you can add to this list!

Last edited by lordsmurf; 10-05-2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Updated 10-2016
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: chrissy (09-29-2010)
  07-05-2010, 06:20 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I would like to add realdvds.tv to the list. They cheated me out of almost 300.00 Most of the discs wouldn't even play, and the ones that did were the wrong thing. I only wanted the set because after it went to the CW I was unable to watch it because Directv did carry that channel, I called them. and they told me to mail them back at my expense and mark 10.00 in the international shiipning slip they were out of canada After a couple weeks, I emailed them to see if they had received them. I got a reply saying they had and were in the process of issung a refund. I told them I would rather have re[lacement discs instead of a refund. They said they would submit it, and would get back with me. Another month went by so I got their phone number from one of the emails they. I called for like 3 months, and just kept getting told the same thing. I then told them I was going to contact the BBB, and that was the last thing I heard from them, and then the site was removed. Long story short almost 3 yeaars and I am out 300.00 and no discs. So watch out for companies from Canada. Just thought I would share.
  07-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
what did you buy what show or shows
  07-06-2010, 04:18 AM

Thanks for that. I've added them to the list. The only good news from your problem is that the "company" (some jackass rip-off con with a site) was forced to quit. Or more likely, start a new operation under a new name.
  07-06-2010, 07:02 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I boght Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but I got the off ABC Family and much cheaper-I only needed the ones the aired on CW so mom was like go ahead and order the set for your birthday and so I did. By the time all this happened the bank said it had been too long and there is nothing they could do. She was not happy, and the Canadian BBB didn't do anything. They did have on their email they were a subisiderary of Prolifik so I went their site, and it just looked like a bunch of sports junk
Jasyon
  07-06-2010, 10:48 AM

As a tip, those sites are never "companies".

If the discs are shipped from within North America, then it's more likely to be some giant obese loser (think comic book guy from The Simpsons). If comic cons are any indication, then imagine him squatting over a computer and feeding his face with donuts and french fries while burning tons of crappy DVDs. And I'm not exaggerating. You should see the pigs stuffing their faces at the cons, selling junk quality bootlegs for $25 per disc. It's disgusting.

More than that, many of those guys stole the DVDs from the collectors/traders who made them. They always use the cheapest junk blank media they can, and they look for sets of shows that take the least amount of discs. They don't care about the quality or the collectors -- their only concern is that they can make $300 off $5 worth of low-grade blank DVDs. If they screw up and make bad burns, send the wrong things, their response is along the lines of "oh well". Once they have your money, they're done. You might get some DVDs if they feel like it.

They are the scammers/profiteers of the video collecting world.

They are nothing more than two-legged locusts. A cancer on the Internet.
  07-26-2010, 04:52 PM

According to traffic reports, this page is getting search engine visitors. Good!
This page is doing its job.
  07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Knight of Toonplar

Stats: 1,516 posts since Jun 2005
YAY !!! Go TVP
  08-13-2010, 01:21 AM

Stats: 2 posts since Aug 2010
I just got some DVDs I ordered from Dvdmsn.com

Very crappy quality. It's pretty sad when there is still the NBC logo at the bottom of the screen.

I was wondering if I should just charge back my credit card and not worry about it. I was reading on there website something about

Quote:
DISPUTES
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to dvdmsn.com or to products you purchase through dvdmsn.com shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Utah, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate dvdmsn.coms intellectual property rights, dvdmsn.com may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of Utah, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
I live in Utah would that be a problem?
The following users thank Alex523 for this useful post: lordsmurf (08-13-2010)
  08-13-2010, 04:01 AM

Do the chargeback, get your funds back.

Your credit card agreement supercedes any BS being spouted off by a "company" (some fat dude behind at a computer in his mom's basement) that obviously doesn't follow any rules or regulations anyway. To even be able to accept credit cards, a merchant must also agree to the terms of the credit card. This person just copied that text from another random website.

Keep the DVDs as evidence, in case the credit card or bank requests the item, until 60 days after the chargeback has been finalized. Then toss the junk in the trash when you're done. (Or send them to me. I'd love to post some more examples of the kind of crap being peddled by these sites.)

Pretty much everything sold on dvdmsn.com is released commercially, for about $15-25 per box set (new on sale online, or used), so there's really no reason to sell copies that are converted from TV broadcasts. I'd have more sympathy for high quality recordings that are otherwise not available in retail format, but definitely not low-grade junk versions that are priced the same as legitimate retail versions.

Thanks for the post.
  08-13-2010, 09:08 AM

Stats: 2 posts since Aug 2010
Thanks for the fast response. I'm gonna be callin my card company today. I was quite surprised when I got them it was a dead give away they were bootleg. I probably wouldn't have cared but some of the CDs have subtitles on... In chinense characters, the others are in English.
  08-13-2010, 11:57 AM

dvdmsn.com's registrar records are at: http://www.directnic.com/whois/index...ery=dvdmsn.com
It's supposedly somebody south of Los Angeles. Even uses a cell phone as the contact number.

What you have is this:
1. 'Business' or person claiming to be in Utah, USA.
2. Site registered from person listed in California, USA. The address appears to be bogus.
3. Site hosted by Irish hosting company (www.swhosting.ie), with server in Pennsylvania, USA.

This is all good information for the credit card company, to prove intent to defraud.
  09-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Added entireseries.tv, a new name to one of the already-listed scammer sites that sells fake DVDs.

They're easy to catch when they use Google AdWords. I wish Google would ban these bootlegger scammer bastards. TVShowsOnDVD.com is already angry, for years now, over this problem. Google is, in a way, condoning the store by accepting its advertising. That's just not good for us collectors and fans.

If you want legitimate DVDs, then shop at
Amazon.com (USA DVD releases): http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...reative=390957
Or Amazon.ca (Canada DVDs): http://www.amazon.ca/gp/redirect.htm...reative=390961
Or Amazon.co.uk (European DVDs): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect....creative=19450

Thanks.
  09-29-2010, 06:28 PM

Stats: 1 posts since Sep 2010
I should have read your post before buying a box set from dvdcollectionsale.com
I doubt that I will ever receive the merchandise and if I do it will probably be crap. They were pretty quick at charging my credit card with the following merchant name: ECWARD.CO.LTD CQ ...I will now try to get a refund from my credit card company.
  10-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
While I don't condone profiteers, I do believe it is equally important to know the sites that can be reliable for those sets you have to buy as a "last resort" to traders that are unwilling to trade for those hard to find sets.

Just curious as to whom you might have dealt with on ioffer for those hard to find one of a kind sets that you have found to be reliable. Just like the members of this site, its equally important to know who you can rely on to buy from and whom you can't.
  10-17-2010, 04:35 AM

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
Given the amount of DVD releases coming out these days, such as the rapid pace of new wbshop.com releases, I tend to find patience is the best "last resort". There's nothing worse, in my mind, than paying some ioffer *** $20 for a lousy quality DVD when the official one is on the way (and worse, maybe only $10-15 for the higher official quality!)

Most of the ioffer sellers are peddling copies made by true fans/collectors of the show -- the people who took the time to acquire/convert the rarities and share with fellow fans/collectors (and in DVD form, not some equally-lousy download torrents version). The ioffer seller did nothing but copy. Supplying a web store with free inventory was not what the fan/collector had in mind, and it's really in everybody's best interest to not support these profiteers who are basically taking advantage of the fans/collectors (not the mention the studio that owns it). It's also contrary to the spirit of the homemade versions, which are considered temporary copies until releases happen, and then fans/collectors can support the official version by buying those and trashing the old ones (assuming the releases are not butchered).

Sage advice here: "important to know who you can rely on to buy from and whom you can't"
Totally agree with that one.

Glad to see this list is helping the community.
  11-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Stats: 1 posts since Nov 2010
Thanks for the warning about "entireseries.tv" Was almost ready to click submit when I got a bad feeling about the site.

Did a google search with there url, with fraud added and found your site.

Thanks again!!!

pj
The following users thank pjraven for this useful post: lordsmurf (11-27-2010)
  11-27-2010, 08:12 AM

I'm so very happy to have saved you the misery of dealing with a known fraudster site.

I am most pleased that this post is serving its intended purpose.

Thank you for posting your experience with us. And indeed, please do stay, and talk DVD/TV with us. There's plenty of great forums here, with many fans and re-run watchers sharing their information, knowledge and experiences.
  12-01-2010, 08:22 PM

The U.S. Dept of Homeland Security shut down these sites on Nov 26, 2010:
  • boxedtvseries.com
  • boxset4less.com
  • boxsetseries.com
  • cartoon77.com
  • dvdcollectionsale.com
  • dvdcollects.com
  • dvdorderonline.com
  • dvdprostore.com
  • dvdscollection.com
  • dvdsetcollection.com
  • dvdsetsonline.com
  • dvdsuperdeal.com
  • getdvdset.com
  • nibdvd.com
  • odvdo.com
That's awesome.

Several were on our list (now marked out), and others were sites I've never heard of.
Good riddance, eh?
  12-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Stats: 2 posts since Dec 2010
I recently purchased from DVDuz.com and attempted a purchase from DVDHDVD.com which is another site you must add to the list! I tried to purchase Rosetta Stone Spanish from DVDHDVD.com on Ebay. I made the purchase with my card and not with paypal. Within a few minutes I received this email:

Hello,
Thanks for your sincere support to us.
In the process of dealing with the orders I discovered there was something wrong with my eBay account so that I have to discontinue this deal.
Please reorder your items at lower price on our website www.dvdhdvd.com. Meanwhile, they are free shipping. We believe that you will like it, it includes everything you need to learn Rosetta Stone Spanish at home and on the go. If any problem, please email me to: service@dvdhdvd.com.
I regret causing troubles to you. Plead for your understanding.
Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

http://www.dvdhdvd.com

I checked out the site which looks fairly legit. It's well put together however their 'contact us' set up is the same as DVDuz.com. I called the bank who said the transaction was still charged to my account. I was able to get the money put back on my account. The banker told me to keep an eye on my account since these people now have my card number. Furthermore, if you google dvdhdvd there is nothing good to say about this site. I'm hoping I caught the problem before it got too far. I also recently purchased a boxset from DVDuz.com. I received the set, however, several of the dvds were severely scratched. The cd cases were broken, and there was an entire season missing. I also received an Iron Man dvd with foreign writing on the cover that looks as though it was burnt. Perhaps they through that in to make up for the missing season. I tried to email them about these problems several times and have yet to get a response. Something tells me I will not be hearing from them. Scammed two times in one week! Oh my luck. Is there a way to report and get these sites off the web?