Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

08-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
bought the dirty harry boxset.
nice set.

was watching one of the films the other day.
then went on to the extras, one of which was a trailer for dirty harry 2.

warner bros have gone loco.
they bleeped out a swear word in the trailer!

i mean, WTF?!

everything is present in the movie.
so why cut it out of the trailer?

i can understand if a tv station was broadcasting the movie trailer during the day when children are watching.

but this is a boxset - i.e. for my private viewing.
and if i was going to watch this violent movie, i'd make sure no kids were around, so again, why bleep out the swearing in the trailer?

besides, why bleep out the swearing and yet show all the violence, eg firing guns, beating people up etc.

like i wrote above, WB have gone loco.
  08-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Studios do weird stuff sometimes.