Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Sony No Longer Producing Spectacular Spider-Man; Studio Loses Spidey TV Rights
http://tv.ign.com/articles/102/1020699p1.html
  09-04-2009, 08:10 AM

Verified Member

the acquisition for some stake in the live action Spiderman movies. It makes no sense for them to want that so bad and sell off the character's tv rights.

I think that Marvel will continue the show (I hope!!!) but we probably have to wait another year or so.
  09-04-2009, 08:11 AM

Verified Member

the acquisition was for some stake in the live action Spiderman movies. It makes no sense for them to want that so bad and sell off the character's tv rights.

I think that Marvel will continue the show (I hope!!!) but we probably have to wait another year or so.
  09-04-2009, 09:08 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
This aquisition is already turning out bad for the fan/consumer. I just wonder what restrictions Disney will impose on Marvel and its characters and if you'll see comics 'toned down'.
  09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
from http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/2009...no-3rd-season/

Quote:
A third season of the popular Spectacular Spider-Man is not going to happen. At least not yet.

According to an IGN interview with supervising producer Greg Weisman, rights to the cartoon Spider-Man were exchanged by Sony Pictures for a “concession” over the live-action Spider-Man movies. When pressed for details, Weisman said he had “no clue” what Sony gained from the exchange.

The Marvel buyout by Disney will probably play a major role in the future of this series. While Marvel had good things to say about the show in the past, that doesn’t necessarily mean anything in the broadcast industry.

Marvel, however, can continue the animated series if it wants to. The show could be picked up for a third season, the show could be rebooted with an entirely new style and format, or it could be our last viewing of Spider-Man on TV for a while. Disney XD, the current home of the cartoon, has not ordered new episodes.

An ideal future would be one where the series is not only picked up, but restrictions removed. The creators dealt with story limitations concerning the characters and villians that they could use. As a Marvel production, the writers might gain the ability to add guest stars like Wolverine or the Kingpin.

The production team of Weisman and Victor Cook have more they’d like to give us fans — if somebody would just let them.
I don't know that the acquisition is even related.