TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, SciFi, Westerns (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sitcoms-drama-scifi/)
-   -   Doctor Who S5 (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sitcoms-drama-scifi/10748-doctor-s5.html)

wayshway 07-16-2010 01:37 PM

Doctor Who S5

I loving this season of Doctor Who. Steven Moffat rocks as the new head writer. He wrote all the best episodes the first 4 seasons.

The new assistant is pretty cute too. :D

cp32 07-18-2010 01:07 PM

matt is so ugly. He looks like something out of a tim burton movie lol

He is a good doctor. Not great , but good.

wayshway 07-18-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp32 (Post 53437)
matt is so ugly. He looks like something out of a tim burton movie lol

He is a good doctor. Not great , but good.

They're all ugly. [88][88]

lordsmurf 07-18-2010 08:42 PM

I don't know about Moffat being the "best" writer. Take the episode on the "UK ship" in the future. It struck me as a poorly re-hashed story from series 1 (the 2nd episode) about the space station in the year 5 billion.

To me, this whole season seemed rushed, and many characters/races were poorly used -- or completely absent. Some things were inexplicable too, like Cybermen existing, or the way that Daleks were completely forgotten. A number of things were just glossed over.

I'm tired of River, I wish she's go away now.

There really wasn't anything scary this season.

The new Doctor I'm fine with -- it's the stories I don't quite care for. I can understand what David Tennant wanted to leave now. I don't think the newest Doctor stories are even half as good as the older ones.

I don't know that I'd call red "ugly". She's nice and tall, a leggy Irish redhead. :)

I'll still watch it, but my expectations are lowered. It's not much different than how I feel about Stargate Universe. It's a poor excuse for a Stargate show, but it's better than American Idol. Thus it wins my viewing time simply by sucking less than the other options.

Thankfully, there are MANY books with David Tennant and Chris Eccleston available. I'm reading those these days. I really enjoyed the book Peacemaker. That was my favorite of the five I've read so far.

wayshway 07-19-2010 02:16 AM

I meant to say that all the Doctors are ugly.
Amy is cute. :)

lordsmurf 07-19-2010 09:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wayshway (Post 53466)
Amy is cute. :)

Yes, I think I'd agree.

Attachment 868
Attachment 867

No idea when/where that photo is from.
There's this one photo online that shows Karen Gillan plastered drunk on wine. [88]

wayshway 07-19-2010 07:31 PM

[xo]Very nice indeed. [xo]
Gotta love the milky white skin. [^]

Thanks for the pictures. That really made my day. :)

cp32 07-25-2010 11:43 AM

You men and your short tempered red heads lol

lordsmurf 07-25-2010 12:30 PM

I think blondes have worse tempers.

cp32 07-25-2010 01:37 PM

hmmm..its a draw lol

lordsmurf 07-25-2010 05:30 PM

And sometimes I think it's the brunettes that are the dumb ones.
Not the blondes.

wayshway 08-13-2010 06:35 AM

Yeah, I've met some pretty dumb brunettes.