TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, SciFi, Westerns (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sitcoms-drama-scifi/)
-   -   Tonight's LOST kicked a--!! (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/sitcoms-drama-scifi/3482-tonights-lost-kicked.html)

tekken1701 05-03-2006 01:13 PM

Tonight's LOST kicked a--!!

Man this episode was CRAZY!! It was an Ana-Lucia episode which was cool. It amazes me how GREAT the writing on this show is and how well they tie all the characters together in ways you dont see coming. The flashbacks are ALWAYS cool. The ENDING of this epsiode has to be seen to be believed! All shows should be written this well!! I [8~2] this show!!!!!!

MagnificentMarcus 05-03-2006 01:43 PM

It can beat 24! Keifer Sutherland RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rmehta2 05-03-2006 02:10 PM

24 is the best show this season hands down

lordsmurf 05-03-2006 02:28 PM

I wish LOST would have been a long movie. I'm just not interested in seeing the series, not at the moment, feels so long and drawn out to me. NBC does a pretty bad job of promoting it too, doesn't show commercials that make you want to watch it if you're not already a fan.

My favorite show for the season is My Name Is Earl, along with The War At Home. For adventure, the two Stargates still do it for me.

For all us non-LOST folks, what happened? Tell me what I'm missing by not watching this.

tekken1701 05-03-2006 03:47 PM

I'm not gonna do that! It wouldnt mean anything if you dont watch the show and besides...any LOST fans who might not have watched it yet would have the episode ruined for them!Maybe in a few days...

MagnificentMarcus 05-03-2006 04:00 PM

My Name is Earl is pretty good for a comedy.I still laugh when he gets hit by the car at the beginning of the show.SG-1 is sort of good now but it has lost it's mojo.Atlantis doesn't even rate! 24 still rules!!!!

cp32 05-03-2006 04:51 PM

I m hooked on Supernatural. It keeps getting better . Smallville is just boring...

Yawn... Night time soap. Sigh... You ll get 1 or 2 exciting episodes out of an entire season.
Which , in my opinion is a rip off./ What a load of crape. Make the show interesting. Or just cancel it. There's enough night time soaps on the air.

rmehta2 05-03-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

NBC does a pretty bad job of promoting it too, doesn't show commercials that make you want to watch it if you're not already a fan.
uhhh...maybe cause it's on ABC

lol

lordsmurf 05-03-2006 05:56 PM

ABC, NBC ..... the channel it's on.

JoshFromKC 05-04-2006 03:27 AM

What bothers me about ABC, is that they took SO MANY BREAKS with Lost. I mean, they would take a week or 2 week break, no big deal, but then they would take I believe up to a 5 week break, and then show a re-run, at the point I had forgotten what was going on!

I think FOX did it right with Prison Break, showed like 13 episodes, then took a long break, but when it came back, they went over what happened.

Since no one else wants to go over the episode, I will. SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW!!!! IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THE NEW LOST...SPOILERS!

I guess a lot of stuff happened, but the main clincher at the end, Micheal gets the gun from AnaLucia to go and shoot the prisoner in the hatch, then he ends up shooting AnaLucia in the chest. Libby comes around the corner and he shoots her twice, but she might still be alive. He then goes into the prisoners cell, looks at him, and shoots him self in the arm, maybe trying frame him??? Kinda glad AnaLucia is gone, she was getting on my nerves. I heard they were killing her off a long time ago because Michelle Rodriguez is a **** in real life and not worth the time to deal with.

I wish they would show more about what everyone's familes/friends are doing since their loved ones are missing. I mean, there has to be a search team somewhere, maybe not in the right area, but still.

It wasnt the best episode ever, but definitely the best of the recent episodes, excited to see if they actually get off their asses and go get the Others.

debwalsh 05-04-2006 04:13 AM

I read recently that they're considering doing a continuous season next year for Lost, a la 24 and last season's Alias. I think that would work much better than the few new episodes, a break, a retrospective episode, a break pattern of this season. I loved the first season of Lost, but I haven't been paying much attention this year. Until last night.

SPOILERS!

IMHO, Michael has cut a deal with the Others to get his son back, and he came back with the intention of freeing Henry Gale and setting the survivors up to think they can beat the Others. I guarantee you when they go up against what they now believe is a ragtag group of refugees, they're going to be facing an organized, alert, and healthy army. We're looking toward a bloodbath at the season finale ...

WEW3 05-04-2006 07:25 AM

Spoilers!

Well Michelle Rodriguez was on Regis this morning and confirmed she was done. I hope the Libby character isn't done yet, we haven't got enough of her backstory yet. I want to know how come she was in the mental hospital with Hurley.

IMO I think Michael killed Henry Gale. He pretty much said because his mission failed he was doomed. The creepy guy with the fake beard probably brainwashed him.

Please don't let Kate have sex with anybody. The only female who survived after having sex on the island was Sun. I'm assuming Rose and Bernard are safe. I think the island hates women who have pre-marital sex :):):)

My favorite episode so far was the episode Sawyer did a full on heel turn after people were starting to like him and he commandeered the guns. That was sweet and Sawyer went back to the position of most hated man on the island.[}:)][}:)][}:)]

MagnificentMarcus 05-04-2006 08:52 AM

I was sort of hoping for a Tsunami to wipe the whole island clean so they can bring back Gilligan's Island![:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)]

tekken1701 05-04-2006 02:05 PM

Libby is gone too because Cynthia Watros is in another show coming on in the fall. I dont think Henry is dead, that was the deal Michael obviously made..to free him to get Walt back. Ana Lucia just appened to be the unfortunate one guarding him at the time and Libby was an accidental shooting. He obviously didnt mean to kill here. Btw, Libby hasnt had any sex on the island and she ended up dead..so that sex theory is shot to hell. Kate has also probably had sex on the island already as well.

allaboutduncan 05-04-2006 11:59 PM

So I finally watched this episode last night and since it's all out in the open in this thread anyway, here are my thoughts:

Michael kill Ana Lucia to further his cause. He wants the others to rally behind Jack and Locke and follow him to "the Others" that he had been watching (this is important). He knew that it would take something drastic to get everyone on the same page, so to speak.

Libby was accidental.

After confronting Henry, you will notice that Michael turns the gun on himself and fires before the screen goes to black. Michael shot Ana Lucia, Libby (accidentally), and himself after freeing Henry knowing that Henry would flee. It looks like Henry shot everyone, which will give the rest of the lostaways a reason (other than helpling Michael) to attack the "others" that Michael had been watching.

Now here' the important part, I don't think the other's Michael was watching are really the "others." Never at any point did he say he saw Walt or that he was held captive. He saw a group of people living worse than themselves, with only 2 armed guards at a hatch entrance. This group of people are just more survivors on the island.

I could go either way on the 2 armed guards and their hatch. They could be guarding something important to them (food, children, etc)
or
the guards could be what we consider "the others" guarding an entrance from these people.

It's important to remember that the show constantly plays with the idea of the others. Anyone outside of a group is/can be considered others. The tail section survivors were "others" to the front section survivors (and vice versa). Just like the French Woman considered Sayid (and vice versa) when they first met.

Just my ramblings about this episode.

cp32 05-05-2006 12:26 AM

<center>( Later that evening....)

"Do you hear something.?" http://www.tvpast.org/forum/images/cache/2006/05/35.jpg

ZuG ZUG ? [8~2]
http://www.tvpast.org/forum/images/cache/2006/05/36.jpg

(The Ground rumbles....)([:u])
http://www.tvpast.org/forum/images/cache/2006/05/37.jpg
"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUU-" ( Gulp)http://www.tvpast.org/forum/error.gif . " ( Burp)

End of Show [88]</center>

tekken1701 05-05-2006 04:57 PM

CP, one question....are you on drugs???????????[88]

cp32 05-06-2006 03:13 AM

Your just mad I ruined the ending [88]
Come on , i dont watch the show. EVEN I know its a fargin dinosaur for pete sake [88][88][88]

Or do the entire US population need a pack of matches? [:p][(#)][88]

http://www.tvpast.org/forum/error.gif

Ipeed in your pool[88]

tekken1701 05-07-2006 02:50 AM

I say again.....CP, are you on DRUGS?????????????