TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   Local channel airing some rare cartoons. (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/10892-local-channel-airing.html)

davidflecha17 10-10-2010 10:48 AM

Local channel airing some rare cartoons.

There is a channel based in Connecticut called THIS tv which is airing the following shows:

Heathcliff
Inspector gadget
Gadget Boy adventures in history
World of tex avery

Right now they are on episode 11 for each show so it looks like I am 2 weeks late. Before they were airing rocky and bullwinkle and gumby 60's but I didn't record those because they are already on dvd.

I will be making basic dvd sets of Heathcliff after episode 24 (where the official dvd set left off), inspector gadget 65-86 (where the australian dvd volumes left off), and the complete series(hopefully) of gadget boy and tex avery.

If someone already has good complete sets of gadget boy and tex avery, then I will skip those.

Here's a link of their tv schedule:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...03&channel=290

ty3 10-10-2010 05:38 PM

the tex avery show that airs is it the wacky world of tex avery cartoon or just old tex avery cartoons?

ty3 10-10-2010 05:51 PM

forget my last post i saw it is wacky world of tex avery are you going to record this show?
i know the first 25 episodes are available through itunes but that is about it. i tried to find the rest but had no luck. so if you could record this show i would be very greatful.

davidflecha17 10-10-2010 06:41 PM

yes I will.

davidflecha17 10-13-2010 01:58 PM

Found their main webpage with a better schedule:

http://eastern.thistv.com/schedule

I guess This Tv is available in a lot of areas. Just change the time zone to find out what they are airing near you.

ty3 10-13-2010 07:34 PM

let me know when you get episodes 26-65. are you planning on making a set of this show?

davidflecha17 10-13-2010 08:54 PM

Yes I will make a wild world of tex avery set. I'll record episodes 1-65. Most likely be 6 episodes per disc.

Thanks

ty3 10-28-2010 07:25 PM

hi just wanted to check to make sure you are recording the episodes. i don't mean to be a pest about it but i really am very thankful for you doing this for me.

davidflecha17 10-28-2010 08:10 PM

Yup I got 14 episodes so far. tv.com's episode guide is inaccurate because of all the repeat episode titles, so I am fixing it as it airs.

I am also recording the Pink Panther Show. Even though all the episodes were released in the Pink Panther Collection, the show has new bumpers with Pink Panther and The Inspector which weren't on the dvd releases.

I read somewhere that there were some episodes that were edited to have the Pink Panther speak. I haven't compared the episodes with the originals yet.

davidflecha17 10-29-2010 09:52 AM

Somehow my dvd recorder only recorded the sound today with a black screen so I am missing these episodes:

Heathcliff:

28. Heathcliff Pumps Iron / Mungo's Dilemna

Wacky world of tex avery:

25. Pony Distress / My Fair Freddy / Re-pete Customer

Gadget Boy Adventures In History:

episode not sure

There's no way to fix this disc right?

If anyone has these episodes, let me know.

Thanks!

ty3 11-01-2010 04:24 PM

the tv listing for tex avery on nov 23rd has the show starting from the beginning when they haven't even aired all the episodes yet.

davidflecha17 11-01-2010 05:32 PM

yes I noticed that. I used the chicago schedule which goes all the way through december 31st. So far, they are only airing the first 41 episodes. Hopefully they will air new episodes in 2011.

all shows will eventually start repeating except for pink panther show.

ty3 02-26-2011 08:27 PM

did they ever air the rest of the episodes

davidflecha17 02-26-2011 11:50 PM

nope. It looks like that's all they have since they are going back to the first episode in march. I believe this is the 3rd time through the same 40 episodes.

konfusion 02-27-2011 05:13 AM

hows teh other shows coming along?

davidflecha17 02-27-2011 07:57 PM

All shows are airing repeats over and over again except for pink panther.

Gadget Boy's Adventures in History: They have almost all the episodes I need on jaroo.com now. I will try to record those for now so I can finish the set. The episodes are labeled differently but I think they are all there.

Jaroo has all these I need

7. Hot Time In Old Caves
8. Bionic Blunder From Down Under
9. Some Assembly Required
10. Gadget-Stein
20. Go West Young Vulture

They should air this episode on march 3rd

26. Back To The Vulture

pink panther:

The episodes are all repeat episodes and are available on pink panther collection dvd sets. I am just going to make a compilation of the opening and ending songs and exclusive bumper footage for both pink panther show and the new panther show. There's no point of making a 20 disc set of just repeat episodes when you can make a 1 or 2 disc set of only the new stuff.

Heathcliff:

They only aired 43 episodes. I sent what I have to lordsmurf. Hopefully he can combine what I have to what he and markatisu already have and make a complete set.

konfusion 03-10-2011 03:45 AM

nice i have 99% of the other gadget boy cartoon raw mpegs. i just need to make a menu and put it to dvd.

davidflecha17 03-10-2011 05:11 PM

That sounds good. They might have the the rest of the episodes you need on that site but converted video might end up getting out of sync. I used a picture of some dvd art and a screen cap of the episode title for mine.

konfusion 03-10-2011 06:06 PM

i can do good converts. ill go to that site and download them and upload them in raw format onto megaupload or something

davidflecha17 03-10-2011 11:13 PM

It sucks that one of the episodes that I needed was taken off. The episodes don't last that long on that site. I do have the flv version of that episode but even that is out of sync by a half a second or so

konfusion 03-11-2011 01:31 AM

ill mess with it i can clean up the ugly video quality too
hopefully i can do something we will see.

konfusion 03-11-2011 02:30 AM

did u get back to the vulture?

lordsmurf 03-11-2011 02:50 PM

I have the Heathcliff recordings, and I'll be putting those on the hard drive tonight. I want to attempt working on cartoons for several hours over the weekend, see what I can accomplish.

There's something with ugly quality that needs cleanup? I smell a challenge. If it's just one episode, I can provide FTP access. Just PM me about it -- or better yet, email me.

konfusion 03-11-2011 03:10 PM

the thing that sucks about jaroo the bitrate the air them at is horrible. but at least its not to many episodes.

davidflecha17 03-11-2011 10:44 PM

Yes I got that episode but it still has the same problems and quality. If you can improve upon the quality of the jaroo episodes that would be great. I can send you the episode that isn't airing anymore. You can probably fix the audio sync problem but the quality probably will stay the same. You can wait till they air that episode again but you would have to wait several weeks.

Cant wait for the heathcliff episodes.

Thanks!

davidflecha17 03-11-2011 11:25 PM

Hey I noticed that all the episodes of gadget boy and heather are available on iTunes. I don't think there's a way to put the episodes on DVD though

konfusion 03-11-2011 11:58 PM

i have the whole series in raw mpegs taken straight from digital provider. i just need to author.

itunes u can put on dvd you just need to remove the protection which isnt to hard.

davidflecha17 03-13-2011 06:51 PM

nice. I tried to upload the flv and mpg of episode 7 to megaupload but it wouldn't let me.

MuppetDanny 03-16-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidflecha17 (Post 55183)
pink panther:

The episodes are all repeat episodes and are available on pink panther collection dvd sets. I am just going to make a compilation of the opening and ending songs and exclusive bumper footage for both pink panther show and the new panther show. There's no point of making a 20 disc set of just repeat episodes when you can make a 1 or 2 disc set of only the new stuff.

Can you let me know when you have made the Pink Panther DVD as I would like to have a copy of it?:)

davidflecha17 03-16-2011 06:35 PM

Sure. Right now they are airing the new pink panther show which has ant and aardvark as the middle cartoon. I can't find an episode guide for this show but I do know that there was only 17 episodes of ant and aardvark made. The series might be finished this week unless they air repeat episodes of ant and aardvark with new episodes of pink panther.

rmehta2 03-19-2011 05:11 PM

i haven't been keeping track of Heathcliff. Are they still stuck in the same 40 ep loop?

Makes me wonder if they were able to acquire the whole series. And are waiting until the fall to play the remaining episodes. Which i hope happens!!!

davidflecha17 03-19-2011 08:39 PM

Still repeats. I've been recording all the episodes every day in case new ones get aired but none yet. They just started repeating this past week so we will have to wait a couple months to find out if they air new ones.