TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   Saw the New Avengers Movie... Terrific As Expected [Spoilers!] (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/20037-avengers-movie-terrific.html)

SavageAmusement 05-05-2012 09:47 AM

Saw the New Avengers Movie... Terrific As Expected [Spoilers!]

Saw Avengers...3D ..IMAX..holy crap.
Insane, how they can make a movie like that...insane.
Was blown away

I found it interesting Norton wouldn't do it--I know he is all "i want to do artistic films" but I found it quite artistic...

I will be curious about Iron Man 3 and Thor 2- the next two to follow- but, in all- it was great- And as always loved sticking around after the credits for the peek into some extra footage.

Also, Stan Lee, with his cameo- great as always.

battle7 05-05-2012 05:47 PM

thanks for not giving out any spoilers for us who haven't seen it yet. So looking forward to seeing it.

rmehta2 05-06-2012 02:37 AM

movie was great. Joss Whedon said that the original cut was 3 hours long and he cut it down to 2 1/2 hours. So we might get a lot of extras on the blu ray release.

As far as the movie, it was very well done and all the characters had their screen time. Pretty funny moments, and that first end credit scene sets up for a very good storyline and cosmic superhero's to come into the fold. Plus it makes sense "He" was brought in as his "glove" was showcased way back when the Thor movie came out. Gonna be interesting.

Also, Iron Man 3 is gonna have Mandarin so that's gonna be cool...finally!!!

SavageAmusement 05-06-2012 09:21 AM

No problem battle....I agree 100% spoilers suck.. I spent the fall / winter seeing one bad movie after another, so I really wanted to speak up about something this great.
The effects...tremendous, and the way they applied humor/action was awesome. Which is important to me, since it was a 2.5 hour movie...too much action can be tedious on my nerves.
But I do anticipate the blu ray having tons of extras...

It seems the year for super hero movies----I look forward to the new Batman ..

davidflecha17 05-08-2012 09:17 AM

I seen it too. Awesome action packed movie! Make sure you stay for the credits!!!!!

Altek 05-08-2012 04:01 PM

My son and I saw it! I did not look at my watch once.
We think that "The Avengers" are in the top 3 for all live-action DC and Marvel superhero movies.
As any superhero movie watcher knows, stay for all of the credits!

JonathanEntertainment 05-11-2012 08:40 PM

I saw the wensday before the friday definitly lived up to its expectations and the movies to follow it ...

bigk181 05-13-2012 12:54 PM

I saw The Avengers with friends and I thought it was awesome! I saw it in 2D at a regular theater. I might consider going to see it in 3D at the IMAX. Does it have any real 3D to it or is it just converted 3D with only added depth?

Vintrus 06-04-2012 06:05 AM

I actually just ordered the film score for this loved this can;t wait for its September blu release.

lordsmurf 06-05-2012 01:53 AM

I still haven't seen it. No time. Same for MIB3. :(

Maybe this week ... ?

cp32 06-11-2012 01:41 PM

Knights of Templar ??? [88][88][88][88][88] Shush you ;)[88]

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanEntertainment (Post 83493)
I saw the wensday before the friday definitly lived up to its expectations and the movies to follow it ...

I loved Avengers. My favorite scene was with Thor & Hulk battling the "bad guys" you think there is going to be this bonding moment when ... Hulk punch Thor in the side of the head [88]

Favorite quote " Doseth mother know thou weareth the drapes ." What you are using for medication a bag of weed [88][88][88]

Vintrus 06-14-2012 05:55 AM

I preferred the bit when hulk through Loki around and called him a puny god :)

lordsmurf 06-14-2012 08:14 AM

I just saw this on Tuesday, finally. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintrus (Post 83915)
I preferred the bit when hulk through Loki around and called him a puny god :)

That was one of my favorites.

I still like Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man -- he is Iron Man the way Kevin Conroy is Batman.
The entrance with AC/DC over the speakers and kicking Loki's butt was awesome.

Banner always being angry caught be by surprise. There are people who live like that, it's not just a comic script.

wayshway 07-24-2012 12:43 PM

I loved this movie. I would say my only complaint was how all the aliens where not a big enough challenge for The Avengers.