Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-23-2005, 09:17 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Just giving the heads up that inside the boxset was a note from Peter Chung stating that 4 of the episodes were slightly changed for the dvd release:

to quickly summerize:

"Four of the full length eps (utopia or deuteranopia?, The demiurge, Reraizure, and End Sinister)- have had selected dialogue rewritten to bring characterization into better continuity with the series as a whole.:

the plus is that they ued the original voice actors (except for the Character of Clavius, who is now done by an unamed special performer)

the minus: the eps are still altered and the originals are not on the set (or original audio anyway).

SO for you collectors out there who are anal with things like this, hang onto your older copies.
  11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I actually don't mind so much, as the series never made a whole heck of a lot of sense to me to begin with. I remember watching this on Liquid Television (MTV) all the time. But I never understood it, still really don't.

Thanks for the warning, though.
  11-23-2005, 03:35 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
to be quite honest, the show always fell into the " I think I know whats going on, but I'm not really sure category".

Also if you purchase this set at CircuitCity, you get a bonus disc with one ep of Liquid televsion