Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

12-02-2005, 12:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Ok i just got this e-mail from someone basically asking for the swat kats dvd. Now my spider sense is tingling on this and i just think its someone who is trying to get a free copy. What do you guys think is this for real or a scam?

I personally havn't heard of a Offical new game being developed for swat kats, so i don't know.

"Hi, this is the creator of the game, Swat Kats: The Radical Squadron for Half-Life 2. I was wondering if I could have a copy of the DVD so that it would be easier for my team to create concept arts, media, sounds, maps, and most importantly, models. With out the episodes, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. It would be most appreciated if you could supply us a copy. Thank you. "

Sincerely,
Ataur Rasool AKA BlackPlague

Website - http://mods.moddb.com/4590/
e-mail - blackplague@gmail.com
  12-02-2005, 01:00 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
If it's legit, why is his email address a free one? Wouldn't he have included his business account for you to send any correspondence? Avoid like the BlackPlague (pun intended)
  12-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
The MOD itself looks legit, but it also looks like he wants to just turnaround the DVD set. See this post on his site:

###
Finally, a message to all Swat Kat fans. There will be a "special" section where you can find guitar tabs, chords and other cool stuff on the forums after we launch the web site! There will also be a DVD 3-Disk compiled from one of my friends. All episodes are DVD quality, so no worries about that =]
###

Wonder where he'll get the 3 DVD set from?
  12-02-2005, 06:16 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
so should i tell him i can't do it or offer it. (not for free)
  12-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
That's up to you.