TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   ÆON FLUX review (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/2215-flux-review.html)

lordsmurf 12-12-2005 10:47 AM

ÆON FLUX review

I went to see this today, price for matinee is now down to $3 where I am! All I spent too, don't buy junk food or drinks!

Anyway, Æon Flux finally makes sense, it's not a weirded-out ramblefest like the cartoon always seemed to be. All of the characters work great, and Æon was really cast well with Charlize Theron. Her hair and body look great for the part, very similar to the cartoon.

I really enjoyed the movie, it did not seem too long or too short. A great deal of the technology is stuff I have NEVER SEEN in any other books, movies, short stories, comics, whatever. I was blown away by some of the stuff. The cinematography was awesome, I love the style of using close-up shots or things like walking feet, close-ups of eyes, through scopes, etc. That's something you only see from the best photographers, still or motion. I enjoyed this as much as I did Sin City.

Something funny I notice in the credits, look for it, was where it gives credit to all of "Ms. Theron's" assistants, including a PSYCHOTHERAPIST! [88]

Overall, very much worth $3 and 95 minutes of time.

angelofanimes 12-12-2005 04:34 PM

It's funny how it was made from MTV, i am going to see this movie soon I hope but it costs 6.50 for a ticket around me, which is an hour's work. Ah, well thanks for the review LS.

MagnificentMarcus 12-13-2005 02:46 AM

Sorry, Jessica Alba would have been much better in this role than Charlize Theron and much hotter. Aaahhh, Jessica!![(#)][xo]

lordsmurf 12-13-2005 01:18 PM

Alba cannot act that well. There's no way she could have pulled this movie off. I really cannot think of anybody that could have done this better than Theron did.

MagnificentMarcus 12-13-2005 05:01 PM

LS, you're ------!! Jessica Alba is a great actress! The only film I remember Charlize Theron in is with a big ape. The ape was far better than her. Wait a minute -she did play that serial killer but her only preparation for the role was not to wear her make-up.

Now Jessica in that outfit[xo][xo][xo][:X][:X][xo][;^)]!!!

wayshway 12-15-2005 11:45 PM

I've always been into chicks with short dark hair. She needs to keep the hair color and length. Yum yum. :D

wayshway 12-15-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

Alba cannot act that well. There's no way she could have pulled this movie off. I really cannot think of anybody that could have done this better than Theron did.
I agree with you LS. Jessica Alba can't act that well. I thought she looked like a cheap mexican hooker with a bad blonde wig in FF. [88]

Charleze had way more class.

wigam 12-16-2005 03:19 AM

Depends what mood you're in :)

tekken1701 12-16-2005 04:42 AM

See, OLD MAN, Jessica Alba is NOT the grand actress you seem to think she is. Funny, it seems as if most people agree with my assessment of her "talent"...or lack of it!!! :)

MagnificentMarcus 12-16-2005 05:36 AM

OK guys, eat a wall! You're all wrong, she is only 24! What do you expect Kathren Hepburn? "I thought she looked like a cheap mexican hooker with a bad blonde wig in FF." That is just plain cruel, and anti-hispanic- shame,shame on you![}:)[:x)][}:)][}:)]]LOL

Tekken1701- you've been in that hole under you're house too long!

If anyone would like to send me there sets of Dark Angel because they can't Jessica Alba please feel free to do so![:x)][:x)][:x)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][:x)][:x)][:x)]

tekken1701 12-16-2005 06:46 AM

You probably do need another set of Dark angel...since yours probably has questionable fingerprints on it at this point! LOL [88][8)];)[}:)][8D][88]

wayshway 12-16-2005 08:33 PM

I'm actually Mexican & Irish. :)

MagnificentMarcus 12-17-2005 01:23 AM

Double shame on you!!!LOL I was curious as to where you see Mexican hookers that look like Jessica Alba with a blond wig?

wayshway 12-17-2005 04:26 AM

Let's go out and hoist a few drinks and see if we can find some. [88]

Take care
Bobby

MagnificentMarcus 12-17-2005 08:43 AM

I am looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out on DVD; Which shouldn't be too long. I'm not surprised about the psychotherapist being on the set for Charlize Theron. I think she has met Tekken in person![:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][88][88][;^)]