TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   DVD: Ultimate Avengers (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/2734-dvd-ultimate-avengers.html)

markatisu 02-11-2006 08:13 AM

DVD: Ultimate Avengers

A full length Avengers animated movie is coming to dvd on February 21

http://www.tvpast.org/forum/images/cache/2006/02/2.jpg

allaboutduncan 02-20-2006 01:34 AM

HOLY CRAP! Check out the 6 minute battle with the Hulk. Freaking Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=Y_hcPeI5spI

lordsmurf 02-20-2006 01:59 AM

I've already seen the full movie, early access to the DVD. It was incredible.

allaboutduncan 02-20-2006 06:44 AM

I've heard good and bad about it, but that preview linked above rocks. Hulk is such a bad *** and he totally b!tch slaps Giant Man several times.

markatisu 02-20-2006 06:55 AM

Yeah I saw it early as well and will definitly be buying it, I cant wait till July to get the 2nd one!

cp32 02-20-2006 09:46 AM

Great Movie !

DAN_D 02-21-2006 01:01 PM

I just finished watching the movie. It's a great story, with an excellent blending of classic heroes, each with sleek new looks and awesome action throughout. I can't wait for the second film to hit this summer!

markatisu 02-21-2006 04:04 PM

I picked it up today at Best Buy for $12, I cant wait because the insert says we will be getting
[*]Ultimate Avengers 2[*]Iron Man in Oct[*]Dr.Strange in Q1 2007

I am hoping they keep Iron Man in continuity with the Ultimate Avengers and go further into his brain tumor and drinking problems.

MOTUfan 02-21-2006 05:29 PM

Is it on-sale at Best Buy or did you have a coupon or anything??

If its that cheap Im getting tomorrow afternoon :)

Brent

markatisu 02-21-2006 05:35 PM

the sticker said $14.99 but it rang up in the register as $12. I am guessing it was on sale, I got the last copy at ours which shocked me because I hardly figured it would sell out. The Best Buy version also comes with a sealed back of trading cards and a sticker that says Best Buy exclusive.

cp32 02-21-2006 05:39 PM

Did you watch the voice talent search lmao!

DAN_D 02-21-2006 06:08 PM

Yes Brent, you should be able to pick it up a t Best Buy (that's where I got my copy) for 12.99 till next monday. Best Buy usually discounts their stock of "new releases" by $2-5.00 for about a week after they're released.

Altek 02-22-2006 05:33 AM

I noticed in the Best Buy sale paper that Ultimate Avengers is available in a Widescreen version. Was any one able to locate a box labeled Widescreen at any retailer? I could not.:([:-(]
Thanks, Al

markatisu 02-22-2006 06:06 AM

The one I got was widescreen, I did not know it was available in any other version.

DAN_D 02-22-2006 09:57 AM

Mine is also Widescreen, I thought that the movie was released in widescreen only. As far as I saw, Best Buy only widesreen. But, perhaps I was wrong?

PS

I just checked back of the box, and on the right hand side of the "Special features section, there's a bullet noting that the film is widescreen (1.77:1) ratio.

PPS

Oh, and what's with Hulk being able to lift the hammer? I thought only THOR had the strength to do so?

markatisu 02-22-2006 10:50 AM

The hammer is mystically enchanted so that only those of worthy character can wield it. So maybe Hulk is worthy deep down, there have been others in Thor history that have been able to lift it. It is the Ultimate universe and their Hulk is vastly different from the one we know and love

MOTUfan 02-22-2006 11:15 AM

Also remember this is a alternate universe, not the normal Marvel universe. So perhaps the rules to wield the hammer are different in the Ultimate Universe. Watched the first half, it is awesome so far :) Got to rewatch it from the begining later on to many dang apartment calls kept interupting me :)

Brent

markatisu 02-22-2006 03:58 PM

I watched it again, this time with my wife and she said that Hulk if you look can barely pick it up. So I am guessing he is lifting it plainly out of power rather than becuase it wants him to have it. If you have read Thor in the past all others who have picked up the hammer have done it with relative ease, but in this it looked like it was almost going to break his arm

cp32 02-24-2006 08:46 AM

Watch the extras [88]! Hulk was on Viking ale [:u][:p][(#)].
No one can touch Thor's Hammer ;)

I love how he was animated in this . He ' looks sleek , and sexy for a toon [:p]:D

I have a question. [u]This is not to offend.</u> Stating a fact. Anyone who ever read the old comics knows this is true.
When in the hell did Fury become black?

All the comics I read. Sarge was white. Same goes for Justice league. Green lantern was never a black dude lol ! Okay, different variations of GL. I get that. Ony one SGT. FURY. [;^)]

lordsmurf 02-24-2006 01:01 PM

CP32, this is based on the ULTIMATE MARVEL universe, not the contemporary Marvel Universe. For some reason, these days, we have to politically correct everything. It's not enough that they add black/foreign/gay characters, they've got to change old ones too. It's pretty pathetic. On the upside, a black Fury doesn't bother me too much, I guess. Just like I can handle a super-nerd Hulk. Or a tree-hugger Thor.