TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   With the success of Ultimate Avengers (Movie)... (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/2849-success-ultimate-avengers.html)

DAN_D 02-22-2006 11:45 AM

With the success of Ultimate Avengers (Movie)...

Wouldn't it be "cool" to see Marvel make direct to DVD feature film releases tying up the "incomplete" ending(s) to 1994 Spidey TAS or 1998 Silver Surfer? I for one would love to see that! you? If not those, which other super heroes would you like to see Marvel make (animated) feature films about? Or, as unlikely as it may be, would you like to see joint films between DC and Marvel ala "DC vs Marvel"?

I'm just curius to read the answers...

lordsmurf 02-22-2006 12:29 PM

Yes. I want them all. LOL!

DAN_D 02-22-2006 01:10 PM

LOL!...In Arnold Schwarzenegger voice..."That's a good one"...lol LS

cp32 02-22-2006 02:09 PM

TTTTTTTTTTTHOR!

markatisu 02-22-2006 04:31 PM

I had actually read either in the NY Times or another paper that during an interview with Avi Arad it was mentioned that this might launch into a deal to finish certain series like Spiderman TAS but that it was legally difficult due to the ownership of Spiderman (Spiderman is a fantastic legal mess between multiple companies)

But the fact that Disney owns the old 90's toon and Lions Gate is an offshot from New Line which used to be owned by Disney would bode well.......of course you then have the "Sony" factor :(

I myself cant wait for the Dr.Strange animated movie. He was always one of my favorite characters that never seemed to get decent credit animation wise (always showed up as a side story or just bit part in too many shows)

battle7 02-23-2006 05:18 AM

I just picked up the Avengers and thought it was awesome, I thought Iron Man could have been a little more powerful, but oh well. I hope to see Vision soon. I've never read the Ultimate Avengers comics, so I don't know what the story arc is, just that they followed very closely in the first film according to Wizard. If you look at the preview for Ultimate Avengers 2, I'm not sure if thats another of Iron Mans different suits, but it looks 'alot' like War Machine.

MagnificentMarcus 02-23-2006 05:34 AM

I thought it was just too darn short. I wish it had been an 1 1/2hrs to allow more character development. It was great to see Captain America. He always was one of my favorite characters. I still remember getting in trouble for sneaking out of school to get his latest comic when I was in 6th or 7th grade. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

DAN_D 02-23-2006 06:41 AM

I agree with Marcus, the movie was too short. I would've also liked to have seen more character developement within the film, but perhaps marvel will churn out stand alone films for each of the characters in the film, allowing for said character developement.

I know marvel will be doing stand alone features for Dr. Strange and Iron Man, and those are going to be great, but I hope that they also do the same for the hulk, Thor, and especially Captain America (one of MY all-time favorite heroes). Maybe the success of the film will help spawn a new animated series for at least one of the characters in the film (Capt. or THOR would be my pick), who knows. And as I said earlier, I hope to god that Marvel can somehow find a way to give Spidey TAS (1994) a "propper ending" (via an animated feature film).

PS

I know I sound like a "mark"(NOT atisu) on this thread, but who cares, the film was AWESOME, and I can't wait to see what Marvel's animated film division has in store for us the fans.

MOTUfan 02-23-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by battle7

I hope to see Vision soon.
It should be interesting to see how she is portrayed in one of the movies :)

Brent

wayshway 02-23-2006 03:57 PM

I just bought it and now I'm going to watch it. [:x)]

wayshway 02-24-2006 07:23 AM

Okay, I watched it and totally dug it. I think Marvel finally got it right. Their cartoons could never compare to DC like Batman TAS Superman, Justice League etc etc...

X-men Evolution was close but still cheesy enough to tell the voice actors were acting or over acting.

When a cartoon could make me forget I'm watching a cartoon, it's a good thing.

My only gripe about Avengers is that the women were a bit too masculine.

Take care

cp32 02-24-2006 08:52 AM

Little TOO butch. I agree lmao!