TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   Cartoon network getting worse & worse (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/3114-cartoon-network-worse.html)

stoogedog 03-22-2006 06:34 AM

cartoon network getting worse & worse

hi, saw a promo today for the airing of dumb & dumber on the cartoon network. what is going on at the cartoon network? that movie is not animated. i stopped watching cartoon network awhile back, because of the programming they started airing. like boomerang, but it too is getting away from the classics. we need our classic toons. long live screwy squirrel, bugs and the gang. thanks

allaboutduncan 03-22-2006 06:57 AM

CN is also showing too much Anime. I know that it's what "today's kids" like, but they should just start and Anime network. I grew up watching a lot of what it called anime today (Speed Racer, Astro Boy, Starblazer, BOTP). But some of it now just seems so stupid and pointless.

I was really pissed last Sunday when I went to watch the latest episode of JLU on TiVo and it turned out to be Bobobo-bo Bobo-bo (WTF!). Last minute schedule change by CN for Miyizaki-month.

I'll miss JLU, Titans, and Krypto. I'm sure Legion of Superheroes will be even more anime inspired and annoying.

Eh, I guess I'm just too old.

Tcel93 03-22-2006 08:27 AM

Bobobo-bo bobo-bo is the dumbest show I have ever seen. Hamtaro isn't much better, although I only watched one episode of it.

angelofanimes 03-22-2006 11:36 AM

Really only their toonami block is all anime. It's technically an all anime block. Other than that, it's all cartoons except for adult swim and dragon ball z. Nothing is ever interesting on there though, I like boomerang much more.

wayshway 03-22-2006 11:52 AM

Plain and simple. Most newer American cartoons, well.....uh.. Suck!! :D They are going were the money is. Do you blame them?

Showing Dumb and Dumber is just stupid though.

Take care

Tranzor 03-22-2006 02:36 PM

I watch only three things on CN: robot chicken, Boondocks and venture bros. The rest, well,... ehhhhhh

I miss the older days when stations like USA would have the "cartoon express" or the saturday morning cartoon line-ups on regular networks.

allaboutduncan 03-23-2006 12:16 AM

That's just it, there's not a lot of places to get good cartoons now. There are several "cartoon channels", but they all show 10 variations on the same theme. Just look at most of CN's new shows. All feature a kid/teen character in an odd situation. Foster's, Ben 10, Juniper Lee, etc. With the advent of the cartoon channels, everyone panders to their audience.

Tranzor 03-23-2006 01:43 PM

I think we should throw a coup and take over the stations. What do you say?

stoogedog 03-23-2006 03:07 PM

ARRGH CAPTAIN, LET'S STORM THE GATES!!!! @#%& the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!!