TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/)
-   -   Fantastic Four, Your Opinion (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/toons-superheroes/6293-fantastic-four-opinion.html)

battle7 06-18-2007 12:13 PM

Fantastic Four, Your Opinion

I thought it was great, I liked it better than the first one. Doom was far more fomidable as he should have been. I think the Silver Surfer could sustain a movie of his own.

rmehta2 06-18-2007 12:19 PM

i actually thought the movie was pretty boring. Galactus was a big disappointment for me. I also thought that Dr Doom didn't really belong in the movie (even though i like him as a character).

lordsmurf 06-18-2007 12:52 PM

Surfer was underused, Doom didn't belong, Galactus was missing (that cloud doesn't count in my book). I liked it overall. I'm more critical of superhero movies because of all the cartoons of the past that I liked.

GreenRanger1 06-18-2007 01:16 PM

I liked the movie. I saw it the day it came out and really enjoyed it. I also bought the extended edition of the first movie.

manthing 06-18-2007 03:24 PM

was better than spidey.
but they just had to have the tragi-love bit in there (wedding + sue dying).
always hate these bits in films.
who do they make these for?
just give me the action without the schmaltz.

battle7 06-19-2007 04:19 AM

I thought it was better than Spiderman 3 as well. I think that if they were to have used Silver Surfer anymore than they did, it would have taken away from the fact that it was a "Fantastic Four" movie not a Silver Surfer movie. I too would have rather seen Galactus in his glory. Owattu the Watcher was missing. It does kind of set it up for a Silver Surfer movie though, perhaps Galactus returns to destroy the Earth with his other heralds, Thanos, Terrax, Firelord, etc. When Johnny had all of the Fantastic Fours powers it did kind of remind me of Super Skrull's power.

MagnificentMarcus 06-19-2007 07:03 AM

Personally, I'm disappointed! I was expecting some scantly-clad scenes of Jessica Alba.[:x)][:x)][:x)][:x)][8D][8D]:D:D:)[xo][xo][xo][xo][xo]:D:D:)

ty3 06-19-2007 08:41 AM

how many mintues of extended footage are in the extended edition of the first moive greenranger

battle7 06-19-2007 11:18 AM

20 minutes, but the dvd doesn't say what the extra footage covers.

wayshway 06-19-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by rmehta2

i actually thought the movie was pretty boring. Galactus was a big disappointment for me. I also thought that Dr Doom didn't really belong in the movie (even though i like him as a character).
I totally agree with you.

daMaddColombian 06-20-2007 03:56 AM

I just saw it yesterday, and the first half hour was boring as hell. I agree that Doom didn't belong, and Jessica Alba looks horrible with the blonde hair and fake blue contacts. And the computer effects seemed to be lacking as well. It should've been better than what it was. I love the scene with Stan Lee!

wayshway 06-21-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by daMaddColombian

Jessica Alba looks horrible with the blonde hair and fake blue contacts.
They just should of got a White girl to play the White girl. She just looks like a cheap prostitute.

MagnificentMarcus 06-21-2007 03:50 PM

Hey, you guys shut-up about Jessica Alba!!! Don't make me open up a can of whoopass on ya!! I am curious as to where you guys have seen the cheap prostitutes that look like Jessica Alba?

rmehta2 06-22-2007 03:39 AM

yeah...lay off the hottie. She was one of the reasons i saw the movie.