TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Record TV: Video Tech Support (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/video-tech/)
-   -   Best to Restore or Use Another Source? (batman 1966 Tv Series) (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/video-tech/21086-best-restore-source.html)

via Email or PM 12-15-2013 09:49 PM

Best to Restore or Use Another Source? (batman 1966 Tv Series)
 
Hi, I'm referring to your post which I quoted here (http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...=1#post2265932).

I never heard back from you? I would be interested to know if your last episode looks the same as mine or not? Do you have the TV land version that was recorded off TV direct to DVD or do you have the VHS-to-DVD version like I do?

My video has interlacing artefacts and has lots of spots and looks blurry - some episodes may be many VHS generations old such as the last episode. Does your video have the same issues?

I really don't want to waste time fixing my set if there's a better quality set out there.

Could you possibly upload a demuxed clip of the last episode so I can compare it with my own? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks


This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide video tech advice in private conversations, I'll often answer PMs (from any site) here in the TVPast.org forum, so that others can learn, too. Continue the conversation here. Simply login (or register for free), and we can continue troubleshooting the issue. Thanks!


lordsmurf 12-15-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by via Email or PM (Post 87097)
Do you have the TV land version that was recorded off TV direct to DVD or do you have the VHS-to-DVD version like I do?

I have the TVLand version, which was shown in Canada (uncut!), not USA (cut!). While some perfectionists insist on "bug free" versions (the logo in the lower right corner), it's the lesser of evils. The old VHS version is simply subpar by comparison.

Quote:

My video has interlacing artefacts and has lots of spots and looks blurry - some episodes may be many VHS generations old such as the last episode.
This is the problem with old tapes. In order to copy and share them, you often ended up with copies of copies of copies. And each copy generation had loss. You're likely 3-4 or more generations away from the original tapes.

Quote:

Does your video have the same issues?
Nope. :)

Quote:

I really don't want to waste time fixing my set if there's a better quality set out there.
This is why I've copied this here. People waste too much time putting crap on DVDs when better stuff can (or should!) exist out there. It's a complete waste of time.

This show, of course, if unavailable commercially. But this one is rare. In general, people should:
(1) Buy USA releases
(2) Buy worldwide/international releases
(3) Petition rights owners to release it.
(4) If all else fails, slowly hunt down the best possible unofficial sources for a show, when unreleased. If you're go to that much effort make sure it's good!

Quote:

Could you possibly upload a demuxed clip of the last episode so I can compare it with my own? It would be much appreciated.
You've got PM. :cool:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 PM  —  vBulletin Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd