TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Record TV: Video Tech Support (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/video-tech/)
-   -   How To Record Off Of Netflix (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/video-tech/21577-record-off-netflix.html)

adderallrules 09-23-2015 09:03 AM

How To Record Off Of Netflix

I'm thinking about getting Netflix Streaming on my laptop and my TV. I want to record movies and put them on my computer so I can burn them to DVD. What program is best to do this?

lordsmurf 09-23-2015 01:57 PM

No program can really do this that I know of. You have to use screen re-recording, and are not able to download the streams in any way.

I'm about to get WWE for the 1998 RAW episodes. What I'll have to do is plug my Blu-ray player (which has a WWE app) into a DVD recorder. That'd probably be my easiest method.

grillgoil43 09-23-2015 11:29 PM

I'm computer and abbreviation challenged...what's a WWE? :)

lordsmurf 09-24-2015 12:02 AM

WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) = WWF (World Wrestling Federation)
They were sued in by the WWWF (World Wildlife Foundation) back in 2003, and had to change their name.

I likes me some rasslin' :)

Stone Cold (Austin 3:16)
The Rock
Mankind
The Undertaker
Kane
HBK
The Big Show

The "attitude era" (1997-2002) was awesome. I watched it weekly for several years there, from 1998-2000.

WWE has been reinvigorating that era, bringing back many stars. The WWE Network is an online on-demand pay channel, and they've been releasing the old 1998-1999 reruns.

I'd tried to collect them for years, but traders always let me down. All I could find is really ugly degraded DVDs.

grillgoil43 09-25-2015 03:36 AM

Ah, I see. That's why I wasn't familiar with that abbreviation. ;)

I've been trying to figure out how to capture the stuff from Netflix streaming so I thought I'd better ask in case it was something I needed. :D

Thanks for yet again enriching my knowledge.

cp32 10-09-2015 04:08 PM

There are a few out there now LS. You loose a good deal of quality depending on which one you use. I have used a couple it does work. I ll pm you some links P

WEW3 10-11-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 88948)
WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) = WWF (World Wrestling Federation)

I likes me some rasslin' :)

Stone Cold (Austin 3:16)
The Rock
Mankind
The Undertaker
Kane
HBK
The Big Show

I'm surprised Big Show is on that list :)

dwen 10-13-2015 11:11 AM

Hello all
Not sure if my 2 cents will help but I have always been able to record off Netflix just by hooking a dvd recorder up to my original Wii system (system build 4.3u) the system uses a older version of Netflix, I used to be able to record from Hulu as well till they did a system update about 6 months ago so I set my Wii to stop accepting automatic updates in case it happened with Netflix at some point.

Dwen

cmeffa 02-23-2016 10:03 AM

Hi lordsmurf, Can you sreenrecord amazon video to dvd? If so, how do you go about it. Thanks