Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

04-29-2006, 11:34 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 319 posts since Jun 2005
One of my last good VCR's just crapped out and I have decided that since I am transfering my old tapes to DVD I might as well get a good 6 head VCR for this. Anyone know where I can get a high quality 6 head VCR for a decent (cheap?) price? Thanks.

http://www.rarevideosfortrade.com
  04-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
ebay might be your best bet. I know all the electronics shop I get my video equipment seem to only stock S-VHS and then if its a "good" regular VCR they charge a premium

You deal with a lot of older tapes so a SVHS might be best considering its built in filters and the cost is usually on par with stores that sell just regular VCR's.

Look for the JVC series of SVHS starting with the 5500 and up, the 9xxx series is the best though and I have personally used those on my restoration projects and never regretted it