TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   Record TV: Video Tech Support (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/video-tech/)
-   -   Got a Blu-Ray player (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/video-tech/6484-blu-ray-player.html)

markatisu 07-19-2007 04:57 AM

Got a Blu-Ray player

OK so I decided since I have been working my butt off at 3 jobs to get myself a PS3, not for the game system but for the Blu-Ray player (the game system really has no games till 2008 at the earliest, a fact I saw first hand this week) and I am very pleased with the results. This is no PS2 DVD Player deal, its a game system built around a solid blu-ray player (thank god for what they were charging).

Anyway, I could not pass up the deal that amazon had with the PS3, 1 Blu-ray movie, and the Sony Blu-Ray remote with no tax and free s/h for $499 and a coupon for 5 free movies from Sony directly so in the end the PS3 unit itself set me back $350. It is now the perfect compliment to the Nintendo Wii which I think I love more than any game system on earth.

My wife was excited because the Pirates of the Carribean movies are on blu-ray and so I bought those for her and we watched one last night.

All I have to say is that you have not seen quality until you check out HD-DVD or Blu-ray, I mean it was everything they hype it to be. Crystal clear pic and flawless sound (no grain, no artifacts, etc). I would assume HD-DVD is just as nice and if most people who bought HDTV's knew what was "supposed" to be broadcast/shown on them then I suspect more might jump in (well younger ones anyway, a lot of older buyers are a lost cause).

If anyone here has been to a DLP Cinema lately (the new all digital theatres) it is VERY similar to that. Anyone who has gotten used to how perfect NBC and CBS get HD broadcasting will know what I mean when I say it looks good.

But I thought I would post since I know to some the HD formats may be of interest. If anyone else on this board has a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD I would like to hear what your setup is and if you like it or not.

wayshway 07-19-2007 07:07 AM

Sounds great. I plan on buying a Blu-Ray next month for my father inlaw.

ttyl

angelofanimes 08-03-2007 03:46 PM

A PS3, very nice. Of course, games don't exist for that system because people just buy it to watch Blu-Rays. (haha...) This christmas should heat up the PS3-gaming scene more, but that's probably not what the point of buying a PS3 was for you.

What kind of tv are you playing the PS3 on? A rather huge HDTV (42" +)? or regular-sized (32" or so)?

markatisu 08-08-2007 03:40 AM

Regular sized 32 HDTV (Olevia 332H) via HDMI and Optical Digital Out

It looks amazing let me tell you, going to pick up the TMNT movie on Blu-Ray when I return from vacation

I use my Nintendo Wii for gaming, the PS3 really has no games that interest me till 2008 or 2009 (Lair kinda interests me but it was delayed another month)

cp32 08-16-2007 02:09 AM

Now that's a well Kept man rotflmao!