Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

01-06-2011, 06:12 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
i am thinking about rebuilding my trading website, but with everything else i got to do, i dont have time to think what is the best way to do it and i like thoughts from anyone here on how i should design it and what info to put on it or should i not do a website and stick to the old excel list?

as mostly everybody seen my old site, just looking at inputs and ideas good or bad if its worth doing a new one. i know alot of people did like my old website and found it useful, but i think i tried too hard with it and it became time consuming.

i want to save time in what info i put on it and keep it simple, but also give enough info to get trades from it.

i do want to put youtube links embedded in the website to show the menus i have created using after effects, autodesk maya etc. - that will save space and show off what i have done.

apart from that, i dont know if i should do the same thing again of one sepearte page for each series i did before or keep it simple so i can focus on creating/restoring sets more.

appreciate any comments/ideas.
  01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
Quote:
i do want to put youtube links embedded in the website to show the menus i have created using after effects, autodesk maya etc. - that will save space and show off what i have done.
This sounds nice. Show off your talents!
  01-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
Maybe instead of having pictures for each series, you could just have text. It would make it easier for people to see what you have without having to click on a picture.
  01-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
that is one thing i liked bout your old site showed menus
  01-13-2011, 07:12 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
(1) - answer to bigk181)
So you mean instead of seperate pages for each series, something like i do with my excel list on one whole page or 2. i.e.

gobbly gook series - A+ - 290 dvd's, etc, in table form?

(2) - answer to knofusion.
with the menus i could have 2 seperate pages, one with links to my menus for youtube + a 2nd set of pictures of sets i have done previously?, the youtube links will be for my new sets i do with adobe and 3d work etc.

I wont do it for other people sets, just do that on request. as that was very tiring to do before. is that what you guys mean? appreciate the feedback,
  01-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastriker View Post
(1) - answer to bigk181)
So you mean instead of seperate pages for each series, something like i do with my excel list on one whole page or 2. i.e.

gobbly gook series - A+ - 290 dvd's, etc, in table form?
It's simpler and easier that way. Look at the way the list on my website is setup. The only problem I had with your site is that if I couldn't read the name of the series on the picture, I had to click on it to see what it is. Maybe what you could do is make a list like I mentioned and have links on the titles that would take you to a page with all the extra info like you had before. Have the list with the title, quality, and number of DVDs. The link takes you to a page like you had before with a screen shot, description, other info like running time, etc.