Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
After testing out how well TVPreservation.com forums have worked for the past year, I'm implementing a number of requested changes, as well as changed based upon "observed necessities" (in order to simplify how the site currently works).

Instead of a zillion subforums for the Preservation Society subforums, it's being downsized to just a few. In order to keep content "separated" as desired, we'll be utilizing forum icons to help differentiate topics (i.e., cartoons vs live action). When a new post is made, you'll be required to pick the proper icon. Each subforum will have a unique set of icons available, for the topics that would be found in those subforums. The subforums can also be sorted by icon, once completed. This should make things easy to read for CPS members, without requiring so many clicks, and so much digging around.

I'm also working to make it more iPad-friendly, too, since I tend to use my iPad more these days.

Once I'm done with this, it'll be off to the next item of business. There's quite a few.
  06-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Forum consolidations have been completed.
It should now be easier for everybody to see recent posts and threads.

Next comes
- some design tweaks (new icons, decluttering graphics),
- better ads and ad placements, to keep ads relevant and non-crap (things you'll WANT to click on! places you'll want to buy from!)
- the footer
- the menu
- the main site with up to a dozen monthly articles and reviews on current topics, or even old topics that interest our members

Almost there.