Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

08-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
This is in no way related to cartoons, entertainment, or anything else that I usually post about, but I just wanted to vent for a minute...

As the webmaster of a college, it's a lot of work, since I'm only one person and if I want anything done (correctly) I have to do it myself. Here's a perfect example.

Last year the college was academically reviewed and the committee stated that every program needed a section on web page. What a great idea! We knew that, but guess who needs to make those pages (along with the 1100 others on the site).

Anyway, I created a SIMPLE template for Microsoft Front page and put together a lengthy document on how to create and load a department web page. Most turned out fine.

http://www.columbiastate.edu/humanities/

The Humanities dept. did a nice job of providing their information and I checked it before I posted it.

Anyway, the other day I get an email from one of the instructors wanting to know why I haven't linked the Speech page and the Theater page off of the Humanities section. I remembered they were working on it and the links below will show you what they've completed...

http://www.columbiastate.edu/speech/

http://www.columbiastate.edu/theatre/

I'm sure your reactions will be similar to mine. So, I'm in the process of composing an nice email that simply states the pages are not to college standards (that's why there is a template) and I will post them once they've been placed in the template.

Gosh!
  08-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've seen better pages from elementary students on geocities.
Was that your reaction?
  08-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Agreed, or it was it because one of them was trying to make a political statement?

It amazes me what passes for acceptable in the educational system now days.
  08-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
My reaction was WTF!, but my official reaction was:

"Thank you for the work you've done on the department pages, but in order for it to be posted and linked from the main Columbia State website, it must follow the departmental template guidelines."

I told them I'd post the content (after editing it) into the raw template or they could do it themselves.

Even though they set the pages up, it still has to pass through me before "going live".
  08-15-2005, 05:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Holy Sh**! Squeezed pics, the writing, the use of caps...what are they trying to do? Keep people from coming to the college????? What the heck is (MORE OR LESS)???? Dude, I'd be pulling my hair out right now....
  08-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Do they offer Moonshine 101 ?
  08-15-2005, 05:24 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
sign me up