Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-10-2005, 10:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 121 posts since Jun 2005
If any of you find 10,000 Maniacs Unplugged on laserdisc anywhere, please let me know. I just bought one off of ebay and it came in today...in half. Poor packing and USPS Priority shipping is to blame here. I am very upset at them right now. If you can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
  09-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Dvd no? you want laserdisk?
  09-10-2005, 01:53 PM

Verified Member

I want the retail laserdisc. It was never released on DVD. I have the retail VHS which I transferred to DVD but I want a better source. Thanks.
  09-11-2005, 12:57 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I have ALOT of Laserdiscs but nothing like that. Did you try contacting the seller about this? They SHOULD take care of it for you.
  09-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
See if this person is willing to part with their laserdisc.
Or maybe give you a nice DVD copy of it.
debbie.herzmidler@gmail.com

http://home.nc.rr.com/herzmidler/laser%20titles.htm
It looks like they're for sale for $2 each.

09-11-2005, 12:16 PM

Verified Member

Thanks guys for the responses.

Tekken, I just received a partial refund for it. Now I have to go to the Post Office tomorrow to get the rest of it. This laserdisc is VERY rare. I have been searching all over for it. I am tempted to buy one from a seller in Europe, but would like to get it for much cheaper in the US (shipping costs are outrageous). I only paid $10 w/ Priority shipping and insurance included. They should have packed it better, plain and simple.

LS, I will give it a try. I am hoping to get the original LD though. I want to start a laserdisc collection of hard to find movies and music releases. Call it a second hobby.

Thanks again guys. I am hoping that someone here will stumble upon an original and help me out.
  09-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
As far as I can tell http://home.nc.rr.com/herzmidler/ is selling the original, it does not say that the lots of laserdiscs for $2 are copies
  09-11-2005, 06:40 PM

Verified Member

I emailed them asking if it's still available. Hopefully it is and in good, working condition.

Are there any other traders here fans of Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs? I'm also looking for live recordings on DVD or VHS if anyone has some. Thanks.