09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I want to make something, and I need help.
I don't have a clue how to make what I want.
  09-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
What do you need? If I don't know how, I'm sure I can figure it out.
  09-29-2005, 10:59 PM

I knew you knew... I sent you a big ol' e-mail last night outlining what I'd like to build, complete with a Photoshop mock-up. Look for an e-mail from my personal account.

I wouldn't think what I want is hard, but it's simply over my head.

09-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I just got it. That's what I get for reading the board before email.

My initial reaction is that it's a little more complicated than you think, but not impossible.
  09-29-2005, 11:10 PM

I can make concessions on the exact methodology to achieve the goals. That's my ideal setup, but I'm surely open to suggestions on how to do it.

I've done the CDONTS sendmail thing, my issue is trying to figure out how to call up the variables from the form. Creating the form is also an issue for me.

The math calculation thing, I'm clueless, not sure if I need javascript or not, and if I do, how to make it interact as a variable that can be called up by the sendmail. My other thought is maybe it doesn't need to be, the number can be put in with the item description, and then I just add them myself from the e-mail notification. The addition operation that is shown on the page never leaves the page, only exists as a convenience for the user.

An ACCESS MDB database may also be really handy to store the inventory and to update, but I'm not sure how much that would add to the complexity of the scripts. On this I'm open to whatever works. Preferably a single location to update code to update the inventory. Some code I'd seen would have required updates in 3-5 places just to add or remove one item.