Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
They did not re-air the episode of King of the Hill tonight as scheduled because they were doing a retarded football post-game show. What a horrible sport.
  10-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 305 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Joker
Errrrrr - WRONG !

and you call yourself an American?
  10-02-2005, 01:15 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Thats one of the reasons I hate FOX. They always did that crap and messed up airing The Simpsons.Its easier to get them from another trader once the season's over!
  10-02-2005, 01:33 PM

What really chafes my hide is that only CST and EST got screwed. I'm fairly certain the west coast feeds showed it. And I didn't know to ask in advance. Sucks.

I've been waiting many months for this one to repeat:
KOTH S9 Ep05 Dale To the Chief (first airdate 1/30/2005)

And baseball is the American pasttime. 160+ games a year, over a 6-month period, and an exciting month-long wind-down of play-offs and finally the World Series (LOTS of competition during this time!). Most of these players are fit, and many of them super intelligent. Even the foreign players speak quite good English.

Football players lacks all the finesse, the intelligence, the stamina, and the athletic prowess by comparison. Overpaid lard buckets. This is the only sport where you have those ultra-retarded pre-game, mid-game and post-game reports. To pretend the sport is that "deep" is a sham, merely wastes tv time.

10-03-2005, 04:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 147 posts since Jun 2005
Lordsmurf, I am in agreeance with you. Football is boring, I love baseball. Let's go Mets!
  10-04-2005, 04:37 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Not wanting to start a fight, but if Baseball is still america's pastime...why does the NFL continually garner double-digit (percentage) increases in revenue, popularity and viewership each year while on average, baseball has been declining 10% or more each of the last 6 years in each of these categories? One major reason is the fact that Americans are now more of an "event" type of population. By this I mean that people want to take part in something and get the most bang for your buck. That just can't be done when you have 81 home games. I can get a baseball ticket to any game, any time including the World Series. It would take me some major time and effort to even attempt to get a ticket to the Super Bowl (without killing my wallet in the process). What the hell is a rain delay? I have a nail that is broken. These are just a few of the gripes that come from Baseball players..(Cal Ripken is an exception). How can you like a sport that likes having one team which spends money in a ratio of like 33:1 versus the smaller markets? How can you have equal competition with these types of rules? I look forward to Sunday and Monday night each week, with baseball, they play almost everyday. IT IS BORING! Professional Sports should be ranked in this order: NFL...NBA...NHL...TENNIS...GOLF...NASCAR...BOXING. ......................MLB. (this is a biased ranking )

I believe if you conduct a poll across the nation right now, you will find that most americans would rate Pro Football as the national pastime.

Ok, end of my rant. Thank you for reading, and please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.
  10-04-2005, 05:03 AM

It makes more money because it gouges people for $45-95 tickets. At least with baseball, I can pay $5-20 and get great seats. I'm of the opinion that business do not need to rake in massive profits, they merely need enough to pay back expenses and provide for a little self growth and stability.
  10-04-2005, 06:17 AM

Verified Member

I'll agree with you there. It is cheaper to go to a baseball game. But in reality, they can't charge anymore than that because the product is extremely "bloated". Depends on what you like though.
  10-04-2005, 06:27 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 234 posts since Jun 2005
Baseball and Football suck, YAY Hockey!!! Go Canada's Past Time!!!!
LOL
  10-04-2005, 10:47 PM

Verified Member

Hey, nothing wrong with Hockey. I am an avid Flyers fan. Can't wait, got me some good seats to a Flyers vs. Senators game in March. Woo-hoo!
  10-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 305 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Joker
Just checking out my new colors.

Carry on.