12-01-2009, 05:48 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 94 posts since Nov 2009
Just a quick warning about Walmart seafood. Bought a bag of scallops from them this weekend. Brought them home,cooked them up and popped one in my mouth. It was rotten. I dug the bag out of the garbage to check the expiration date. Here they stuck a new sticker over the old expiration date. When I called the Walmart I got them from, she said that it did not happen at her store that it came that way. So I asked her if ALL Walmarts were getting it that way from the supplier. She said that yes they probably were. Bad enough to be out of the few bucks but it would be much worse if people got sick off of their greediness. Just a word of caution.
  12-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 207 posts since Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Just a quick warning about Walmart seafood. Bought a bag of scallops from them this weekend. Brought them home,cooked them up and popped one in my mouth. It was rotten. I dug the bag out of the garbage to check the expiration date. Here they stuck a new sticker over the old expiration date. When I called the Walmart I got them from, she said that it did not happen at her store that it came that way. So I asked her if ALL Walmarts were getting it that way from the supplier. She said that yes they probably were. Bad enough to be out of the few bucks but it would be much worse if people got sick off of their greediness. Just a word of caution.

I love the smell of rotten seafood....
  12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Walmart is off my list for shopping- period.

2 months ago, I had a horrid experience there- just horrid.

I went in, and after buying a filter for my fishtank, it didn't work.
It was costly, 89.00 for this filter-
I brought it back - tried to return it, it was outside the 30 days and they didn't carry that one, to exchange.
I was furious.

I left- went to petsmart, they didnt have anything- nor target- so i went back, becuase my tank NEEDED the filter-
when i went in back they were right they did not carry THAT one-
so I chose another, but no where on it- did it say the gallons it processed.

I opened the box to read the actual manual- i didn't do this in a sleazy way, I was open, upfront- and read it- it did in fact do 60-100 gallons- and i went towards the checkout, with a few other items.
When I placed that on the belt the lady asked me if it was open, when i got to it- I said no- I had to open it to find out what it was capable of- and expressed by pointing out the description, that the box didn't give that information.
She paused, and pushed a bell/button- and the manager walked over-
She told me I could NOT buy it- they can not, sell anything that has been open, it violates their agreement with the manufactors for warranties.
i was flustered and frustrated- and then was grilled for 5 minutes on why did I open it.
I explained again- the manager walked off- with the pump.
I paid, and proceeded to leave with the other few items- and was out the door when I was just about tackled with loss pervention/and the manager.
They asked me to come back into the store-
I was shocked, dismayed and utterly embarrassed
they walked me to a checkout and demanded I empty my purse-
i did so and there was nothing in it- they asked me to empty my pockets- to which I refused and said this is ridiclous- upon giving that answer they told me, not asked to come with them-
they brought me to the security room, locked the door and left-
I wasn't able to make a cell phone call, or leave- when they came back- she said they were calling the police- and i needed to wait.
I wiated a half hour- then they came back again, telling me the plice couldn't get there for 4 hours, did I want to just talk about the incidient. and proceded to explain to me, that by opening the box I wa sin fact VANDALIZING property.
For if I didn't buy it, no one else would want it- or someone could take articles out of it.
And if I left it, a employee had to go, bring it up - open it, see if its entirely there- repackage it and that was money out of their pocket to pay that employee.
They then told me if i was willing to buy the item and leave, they would forget the police-
I was enraged and told them i tried to BUY the item, to which they did not care- and kept going back to the "vandalizm" thing.

they marched me to the register, I paid- and I was given a no trespass order, telling me I was no longer allowed at that walmart- for life- I was banned.

I was floored, and upon discussing it was aprised of a few things- for example- read these links if interested-
They have a HUGE history of abusing, assaulting and harming people- over shoplifting- including now, multiple deaths

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-nor..._b_163761.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...QV7XKG3y8SYSIg

http://blog.wakeupwalmart.com/ufcw/2...r_death_a.html

http://www.myfoxillinois.com/dpp/new...81257710732121

I could put more, but as is, im sure they will hunt me and sue me over this post.

Anyhow, I use meijers now- banned or not, i wouldn't set foot in there again-
Stale scallops is the LEAST of their problems-
  12-01-2009, 11:32 PM

rcargill

Stats: n/a posts since
Wow Kim,

You were kidnapped and imprisoned? this smells like a law suit against some deep pockets. I hate the place and never shop there. I get things cheaper and with much better service at other places. HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM
  12-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Verified Member

I contacted our family lawyer, and he told me plain and simple they had the money to tie me up in court forever, the cost of filing, wiating, refiling, wiating- he said they had so much money on their sides, and so much legal support- I just couldn't compete.
Since no physical harm was done, compared to some of these other stories- and it was done/and finished in 90 minutes it isn't conisdered extrodinary circusmtances.

I did contact local law offices, to inquire as far as this "trespass goes"
i they legally had a right- and they apparently do- since they own the land/store- they "reserve the right"

Which is fine, but I wanted to make sure there was no legal footprints on my record-

I conisder the situation humlliating- but just way over the top as far as how they handled it.

opening a box? vandalism?

come on..

I understand no store wants people sifting through things- but there is a diffrence of a child rummaging through toys and opening boxes to play and an adult looking at a instruction lable.-
meanwhile, I was told- I could haev brought it up to the service desk and they would haev HAPPILY opened it for me.

Whatever.

And the kicker?

The filter, when I got it home- didn't work.
  12-02-2009, 06:06 AM

Verified Member

WOW..that is really crazy Kim. I think they are so big that they don't care about their customers anymore(if they ever did) I can't imagine them trying to say you vandalized something for opening a box. The worst part about that is I do it all the time. I've even had their salespeople help me open them before I would purchase something.
  12-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Verified Member

Well Rhonda, if you end up in the "box" let me know, i'll bail you out.
  12-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Never buy fresh meat, seafood, veggies or fruit from Walmart.
  12-05-2009, 06:12 PM

Verified Member

Kim-I'll put you on speeddial.
  12-08-2009, 08:49 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
savage ,..lol that's normally my type of experiance.

i open alot of stuff at walmart to check the contents,.. lol
i did that right infront of the workers most time,.. sometimes i ask them ,.. some time i open up a slimjim and eat it on the way to the counter,..lol then give them the wraper to scan.

i would had walked out tell them kiss my *** & send the cops to my home. you were nice to sit there waiting.

i glad you shared this ,.. i do that all the time.

i understand why they do that,.. but you brought the item to the cashier to buy,.lol,.. wow
  12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Verified Member

I say it was a slow night and I was entertainment- period.
but hey, at least i didn't DIE
which apparently some shoplifters do.
this is why I do so much online shopping- just safer.

9i9iBut now that I have been in the box....im worried I might just lose control---maybe i'll do 35 not 30 down my street- or or maybe just maybe i'll eat dessert BEFORE dinner-
Or, lose all control and tear the tag off my mattress-
Now i'm just talking crazy talk..crazy crazy b8bb