Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

12-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Okay, I have set the user permissions to allow attatchments.

If you now want to upload artwork, your xls lists, dox lists, pdf files- etc- You can. With no limits- trust me I have tons of host space for you guys.

To add an attatchment-
1-you open the message you title/type what you want- scan down slightly lower and it says "add attatchment" a new box opens up,
2 OPEN IT FULLY_ to large screen-
3-browse the url or your computer for the file and click UPLOAD

Voila- it is now, on the message, for anyone to view or download-

(i think)

Ill toy with it tonight.

I am developing a creators corner- for artwork sharing, for those who want to share their menues with the group- as well as get ideas, or opinions on new set designs-
It will also allow you to share pdf how to's, or upload it- to ask/inquire with other users.

If you use office, excel- you can share THOSE lists, or if you use notepad, txt files work and wordpad files as well.

So feel free to check this out, and let me know if there are any mishaps.

Lilhavs cooking file, will be my first test- for the details on what the disc contains, but so far- everything has uploaded just fine- so give it a try.
  12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Verified Member

YUP seems to work.
Woohoo.

No, any format can be directly uploaded- so for users who want to attatch their list, in the trader list section under trading post- you can just upload your new list- and use this site as a backup, and people can download, open on their pc- scan and read and their leisure. c891
  12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I strongly suggest you have files stored in the db, not the file system. Otherwise the files can be leaked and hotlinked. Not good.
  12-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Verified Member

Good point....very good point

Im starting the password protection aspect of things as well