Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Who do you think will win?
And why?

I think I'd be happy for either team. Houston has NEVER been to a World Series. The last time the White Sox won was in 1917, with Shoeless Joe.

White Sox are on fire this year, and Houston has been known to make mistakes, so I think I'd have to place my money on Chicago, though secretly wish for Astros to overcome the odds.

10-20-2005, 01:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I'm just glad St. Louis got knocked out. Any team with J.D. Drew deserves to be in the pits of He*l. I'm fine with either team winning the World Series, although, I would like to see the either the Astros or White Sox win it..... ;D
  10-20-2005, 07:02 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
White Sox VS. Astros should be an entertaining series for the "REAL" Baseball fan. The series basically comes down to pitching and ocassional Power displays by both teams.

I think that the series will go the FULL seven games with each teams' pitchers playing a prominent role in the outcome of the series. Yes, Clemens and Pettitte have shown that they are Playoff studs, but is Oswalt ready to take the next step and earn the right to be mentioned in the same breath as the afore mentioned stars? Can Biggio, Berkman, Bagwell and others muster enough offense to complement the (expected) stellar pitching performances of their 3 studs?

As for the White Sox, Contreras is the only player on the roster with any real "Big Game" experience (Yankees & Cuban National Team), but in their case, they have a manager in Ozzie Guillen who seems to know how and when to push the right buttons for his team. If Contreras, Buehrle, Garland, and Garcia can continue to be dominant then it MAY make for a short series, if not, timely hitting and solid defense up the middle will be enough for the White Sox to edge the Astros.
  10-20-2005, 03:54 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
GO WHITE SOX!!!

I'm from Chicago and I love the White Sox...This team has the goods to win it all, but Houston's staff is pretty scary. Also, it doesn't look our rotation will get 4 complete games in a row again because they are gonna have to substitute the pitcher's spot in the National League park. I can't wait for this series to start...hopefully it turns out the way i want it too.

Raman