Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-20-2005, 06:17 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Donkey Kong Champion
Stats: 135 posts since Jun 2005
I got a few dvd's at Wal-Mart for $1.00 a piece. Man, they are so bad they're funny. The titles are:
- Protectors of Universe (yes, there is no the)
- Defenders of Space
- Space Thunder Kids

They are all done in the style of Speed Racer/Battle of The Planets. The voice dubs are so bad and it's sort of hard to make sense of it all. The films were done by IFD Films and Arts Limited and are all Joseph Lai releases (if that means anything to anybody I just thought some of you freaks like me would wanna check 'em out. Oh, and at the Wal-Mart I got them at, they were over by the toys and not in the electronics section.

Just say no to DirecTV!!!
  10-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yeah, I picked up the big robot ones, the Protectors of Universe and Defenders of Space. Also grabbed Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde, as well as the Sherlock Holmes ones. The Woody Woodpecker and Looney Tunes DVDs are junk, they freeze up and are bad presses.

Lot of good $1 discs at Wal-mart. Every month or two they get new waves too.

10-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I got some of the woody woodpecker dvd releases drom Columbia house a while back, they are pretty good actually. Don't know if they released the whole series or not.