Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Ruc McClanahan, one of the four ladies and of the Golden Girls, suffered a stroke and died early Thursday. She was 76. Co-stars Bea Arthur died of cancer last year and Estelle Getty passed away in 2008. Betty White is the now the lone survivor of the hit show. McClanahan suffered a minor stroke early this year, after undergoing a triple bypass surgery. Her family was with her at her time of death according to McClanahan’s rep.
McClanahan was the daughter of Dreda Rheua-Nell who is a beautician, and William Edwin McClanahan, a building contractor. She was born Eddie-Rue McClanahan. She was of Irish and Choctaw Indian decent, and grew up in Ardmore, Oklahoma and graduate from Ardmore High School. She then majored in German and theater at the University of Tulsa.
She started an on and off acting career in Broadway New York in 1957, but only debut in 1969, portraying the role of Sally Weber in the original production of John Sebastian and Murray Schisgal’s musical, Jimmy Shine, along with Dustin Hoffman in the title role.

Read
Via: The Daily Inquirer
  06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
OH NO!!! The Golden Girls are dying off one a year. The way things are going, I have a bad feeing Betty White will pass next year, she will be 90.
  06-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I was thinking that...but didn't want to say it..
  06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 32 posts since Dec 2006
So sad, seems like just yesterday I was watching the show as a kid. It's still my favorite sitcom of all time. They were like your TV grandmas.

Thank you for being a friend Rue, RIP