Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Wales Online has reported that Catherine Zeta-Jones was so concerned about the reported waning health of her husband Michael Douglas that the actress hopped a plane to New York after performing at Wednesday’s gala opening concert for the Ryder Cup to be by his side.

The sudden trip to see Michael was reportedly arranged after Catherine received a phone call from a doctor who has been treating the actor’s throat cancer. Douglas has been undergoing chemotherapy since being diagnosed in August.

“The doctor spoke to her about Michael’s condition,” a family friend explained. “Michael is always desperate to see her, but typically he didn’t want to make a fuss.”

Does this mean Michael’s battle with Stage IV cancer is proving to be more difficult than he and his family is letting on?

Not according to Douglas.

He spoke to Wales Online about how dedicated his family has been over that past couple of months and even revealed their plans for a post-cancer celebration.

“Once we’re through this, Catherine and I are talking about taking the kids out of school for a year and travelling around the world – Phuket and Vietnam,” he said.

Despite Michael’s optimism, Catherine remains cautious and has seemingly put her career on hold to tend to her husband.

The Daily Mail has reported that she has turned down several movie roles, including the chance to portray Vivien Leigh, so they can spend more time together.