Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
Two new shows with orders of a mind-boggling 104 episodes each will be airing soon.

The First Family has the reunion of Jackee and Marla Gibbs, both from 227. Songstress Gladys Knight is among the other cast members.

Mr. Box Office will have Gary Busey and Jon Lovits, among others.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/5...add-es-sitcoms
  05-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
104 episodes? that is....pretty confident there...
  05-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Especially with Gary Busey and Jon Lovitz being cast.
Busey is fine in small doses, while Lovitz is about as tolerable as a toothache at Thanksgiving.
  05-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
Busey is awesome.

Well Jon Lovitz is great in certain things, he just has to be given a role that's suitable for him. I agree with the majority of Newsradio fans that Lovitz on the show was unbearable, but I don't know that it was his fault. After all, he was trying to replace the legendary Phil Hartman, which was a Herculean task. The role they gave Jon wasn't at all like Phil's character Bill McNeil, and I think that's why people didn't like it.
  05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Busey is like Howard Stern....when they are great they are great- when they go off....unattended that can be overwhelming. Too much personality often is...but, in the day and age of most shows getting cancelled before they get a start, 104 episdoes is a HUGE order...
How I met your Mother got an order for two seasons, after proving itself now for years...and so many shows with promise cancelled before getting a chance...
but as with everything ill try it and hope the confidence holds up to quality...

there are a lot of shows that got cancelled this year i was saddened by--and some I was blown away with that got another season (up all night for one)

ill be curious...but ill be watching