TVPast Forums

TVPast Forums (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/)
-   The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/)
-   -   What Happen to CD-Helper.com? (http://www.tvpast.org/forum/news-talk/20757-happen-cd-helper.html)

rockman666 05-08-2013 07:09 PM

The thing that I miss most about CD-H is the people I met who....ahem.....did creative things with my video game consoles and handheld systems that miraculously played games that I didn't pay for :D I kept in touch with some of the people but I guess I was too naive in thinking that CD-H would be around forever that I didn't save anyone's e-mail address externally because I had their info saved on my website account. Of course, I'm guessing that kind of stuff would be discouraged here. We're already pushing the envelope with trading officially released cartoons DVDs and BDs. But if I'm wrong on any of that, feel free to correct me hehehe :)

hornetsting 05-14-2013 12:56 PM

I miss CDH as well, a bunch of top notch people were members!

DAJIZZARIZZA 05-14-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockman666 (Post 85911)
The thing that I miss most about CD-H is the people I met who....ahem.....did creative things with my video game consoles and handheld systems that miraculously played games that I didn't pay for :D I kept in touch with some of the people but I guess I was too naive in thinking that CD-H would be around forever that I didn't save anyone's e-mail address externally because I had their info saved on my website account. Of course, I'm guessing that kind of stuff would be discouraged here. We're already pushing the envelope with trading officially released cartoons DVDs and BDs. But if I'm wrong on any of that, feel free to correct me hehehe :)

sorry rock! i suck titty! (yum)... i will get on it , and send those games to you ,.. i keep forgeting ,.. had issues arise , threw me off a bit.

i know you were not hinting anything ,.. i just saw your name here as a recent post and remembered i forgot you ,..lol old man ****![:u]

i'll send them out by thursday.

Wiz 06-25-2013 04:40 AM

Just had to chime in & say Hi to old CDH friends!

lordsmurf 06-27-2013 02:29 AM

Again, all former members that I recognize will be verified here.
Former members should PM to get verified. You can be another CD-H refugee at a new home!

Gamemaster 07-22-2013 06:59 PM

Ok guys the Gamemaster is here now nice to see same CD-HELPER member on here

rockman666 07-23-2013 07:25 AM

Welcome to the family, Ken. Always nice to see a trading guru like yourself join up with an already elite forum.

big-a_dcx 11-15-2013 10:01 PM

Cd-helper refugees

Hi fellow cd-helpers

I was a relatively infrequent member but did a lot of stuff over the years with those guys. I remember doing a paypal donation a year before they closed to handle web fees so I was kind of disappointed that they let it go without asking for help (assuming that it was just money and not other issues).
This seems like a cool site for some tv stuff; anybody have a good recommendation for the console game expertise and discs?

PM or email me

lordsmurf 11-21-2013 02:10 AM

I sometimes wonder if something happened to Big or kidneyboy.
I really doubt it was about money.
It may have been hacked finally, as they were using the most secure setup, and didn't have a backup.

Oh well, it's gone. Again, everybody is welcome here. :)

I know some things about console games. Just post in the general discussion (coffee cup) forum.

rockman666 11-25-2013 11:32 AM

I talked to Big after the forum closed and he had said it was money related although, not really sure who was in charge of paying the bill. I've known him for a long time before I became a member of CD-H (I can't even remember how I found out about the forum in the first place) so I'd be pretty surprised (and disappointed) if he would lie to me about it. Either way, its gone and I've been a member on here probably just as long and I'm still here and in good company :)

Any chance of getting a forum dedicated to CD/DVD based console game trading, LS? I know it can be a shady topic breaking a lot more copyright laws than dealing with cartoons......but that was my primary involvement on CD-H and met a lot of good dudes in the process who I deal with privately now and would certainly love to build up something equally as cool. I'd even offer to help moderate it if its something you and the other mods would agree to. If there's something I am beyond an expert in (besides Transformers hehe).....its console games :)

DAJIZZARIZZA 11-25-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockman666 (Post 87016)
I talked to Big after the forum closed and he had said it was money related although, not really sure who was in charge of paying the bill. I've known him for a long time before I became a member of CD-H (I can't even remember how I found out about the forum in the first place) so I'd be pretty surprised (and disappointed) if he would lie to me about it. Either way, its gone and I've been a member on here probably just as long and I'm still here and in good company :)

Any chance of getting a forum dedicated to CD/DVD based console game trading, LS? I know it can be a shady topic breaking a lot more copyright laws than dealing with cartoons......but that was my primary involvement on CD-H and met a lot of good dudes in the process who I deal with privately now and would certainly love to build up something equally as cool. I'd even offer to help moderate it if its something you and the other mods would agree to. If there's something I am beyond an expert in (besides Transformers hehe).....its console games :)

lol,.. if they open such a forum Rock ,.. you would be the king of the mountain,..[:u]

but seriously, there are no issues with having a "DISCUSSIONS" thread i assume,.. AND NOT a lets trade games thread,.. we can always use "pm's" and "emails" to futher such tabooed areas.

mvaughn2987 03-05-2014 08:26 AM

I was also a user of CD-Helper off and on. I learned a lot from those guys. The first guy who traded with me was TheCopyZone, anyone remember him? I found this place searching for CD-Helper.

BiG 03-16-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAJIZZARIZZA (Post 85628)
if Big from cd-helper ever comes here , i'm out!
he was a punk bi_ch then, and i'm sure that has not change.

Hey buddy :cool:

rockman666 03-16-2014 06:44 AM

Big, good to see you bro. Welcome to the elite forum that's keeping the past alive :)

Lots of good folk here. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

Lockjaw666 12-01-2016 08:59 PM

http:// --link removed --

LS edit:

The point of TVPast is to use the site. The forums are more than a decade old, and we'll soon add a wiki and main/front-site articles. Be a member here, enjoy what we have to offer.

It's been a rule for many years now to not promote "competing" sites -- most of which are not actual competitors, just noise. I long ago got tired and disgusted with people setting up forums on those ad-driven freebie forum-maker sites, then coming here and saying "hey everybody, forget this place, go there!" Because that's essentially what you're doing.

Also: you're playing by their rules, not yours, so that site is already doomed to failure and deletion. I've been around since the 90s. I've seen that pattern play out for at least 15 years now.

Essentially, don't (try to) steal our members. [}:)]

cp32 12-02-2016 04:43 PM

You just found the grandpa of the community lol lol You think I m old ? Old ken been around kicking old ladies off their canes for years. he is honest, fast trader ( unlike myself lol) , and good person too. I support him :)
aka Gamemaster.
No issues with BIg hes honest fast too. ( although I was banned lol within his right to do so. I deserved it. I did made things right even after I was banned lol ) But that's the past. -

Infact, I had a lot of friends of over there. Just like there are lot goof cross over comics/ series. Nothing wrong with cross over members here . Rizza is Rizza lol A straight jacket couldn't refrain his opinions lol .

lando786 11-14-2017 09:41 AM

Talk about reviving an old thread! of you cd-h guys still around? shoutout if you are! I still keep in touch with a couple guys KidneyBoy and Rob (he has a youtube channel now)

rockman666 11-14-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lando786 (Post 90830)
Talk about reviving an old thread! of you cd-h guys still around? shoutout if you are! I still keep in touch with a couple guys KidneyBoy and Rob (he has a youtube channel now)

Glad to see CD-H is still remembered after all of these years. I can't believe how long its been gone. It seems like yesterday......that's kinda what happens when you get old, you blink and a year goes by LOL. I've sadly lost touch with a lot of the guys I kept in touch with after CD-H closed, mostly because I haven't had much reason to trade. It's hard to find stuff that I'm looking for when I already have 50tb of DVD isos.

lando786 11-14-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockman666 (Post 90831)
Glad to see CD-H is still remembered after all of these years. I can't believe how long its been gone. It seems like yesterday......that's kinda what happens when you get old, you blink and a year goes by LOL. I've sadly lost touch with a lot of the guys I kept in touch with after CD-H closed, mostly because I haven't had much reason to trade. It's hard to find stuff that I'm looking for when I already have 50tb of DVD isos.

Ohh towards the end I remember there was a buy in group to get ahold of a PSX ISO Collection. I was so jealous I didn't have money at the time to get in. They were basically mailing the collection to each other. lol now its just one fast trip to an emulation site and it's all there.

rockman666 11-14-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lando786 (Post 90832)
Ohh towards the end I remember there was a buy in group to get ahold of a PSX ISO Collection. I was so jealous I didn't have money at the time to get in. They were basically mailing the collection to each other. lol now its just one fast trip to an emulation site and it's all there.

Yeah, back then everything was on physical media so we all had rooms in our houses full of JUST discs. Now, I probably have 50 discs TOTAL in my house and everything else is on external hard drives as ISOs that I mount to virtual drive and play on a PC using a well designed emulator. I'm also a member of a few gaming sites that deal in mostly retro stuff (from PS2 and earlier) and pretty much have anything you could ever need. :)