Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I'm a good 30 pounds from a bikini LS.....but I bought an eliptical machine, and that plus winter hibernation should get me where I need to be....by spring.

Not thrilled about the lack of being able to do anything about the pain, but will take pain over death anytime.
  09-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I had an Advil diet when I was younger, for back pain. Sounds like that's on the menu for you.

Be sure to forward the photographic evidence to my email next spring.
  09-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
I'm SOOOOO GLAD that you've gotten a better dx! As always, keeping you in my prayers, my dear friend. I'm sending you a pm.

Thank you, God, for the better news!
  09-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Verified Member

Still trying to figure out what to do about the pain, but I am looking into some options- homeopathic medicine has a few ideas.

Again thank you to everyone who shared support, love and friendship..I needed it, and very very much appreciated all the kind words.
  09-16-2013, 02:21 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
my Savage,.. i sign in ,.. but never really read anything here,.. but when i finally turned on the news,.. i noticed you may have trouble with the flooding in your area,.. so i started to read around the forum to see if you mentioned it and came across even worst news!

i hate when good people suffer,.. just not fair,... yet you stilll have your coolness and sense of humor.

you have been such a good friend ,.. even to those (me) who started out as an enemy. your patience and kindness, softened my hard heart.

anyway though the news is a tad confusing, i take it's not as severe as once thought.
i wish you the very best ,.. that clinic is the very best,.. you will get the most accurate help there as well.

love ya girl!
  09-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Verified Member

Thanks Eli.....your words mean a lot...
Things will be okay, bottom line is I am in some pain, and I can't do anything about it...but, hey...we all have bridges to cross, and I am very blessed and thankful it is something to be endured, not to overtake me.

luckily, no water here---weather has been crazy we lost power, a lot of trees down- but the river held back everything- which is good, I am about all of out of energy for crisis this month!

And hey, I ma using some of the downtime to put together some new sets..of some pretty rare stuff- so watch my updated list for new things that hasn't been circulated...a lot of cartoons crossed my path and a lot of supernatural stuff, and a big lot of crime shows...

No matter what my obsession remains intact!

(and you come across tough..at first but you are pretty easy to love too Eli ) So very glad I was able to wiggle in there..
  09-18-2013, 08:19 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Kim,

I'm glad that this outcome turned out much better than expected. Hope things get better for you soon.
The following users thank rmehta2 for this useful post: SavageAmusement (09-20-2013)
  10-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 152 posts since Nov 2009
this is a great news Keep up the good work
  10-04-2013, 08:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 44 posts since Oct 2013
first post, here I am also stunned what will happen to your legendary contests and chain reactions?
  10-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Verified Member

nothing knicksfan, the chain reactions will continue, there are two posted for october already-and november is being created...

Contest wise, interest dropped off- people were away for the summer, and traveling but those will resume shortly--have a few great things to give away for october and november- no worries

I am undergoing treatment for the problem, and so far my body seems to be handling everything well- I will be having surgery in november, to open the foot and remove the bone matter and the scar tissue- hopefully that will relieve a lot of the pain in the surrounding area.
  10-04-2013, 11:16 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 44 posts since Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageAmusement View Post
nothing knicksfan, the chain reactions will continue, there are two posted for october already-and november is being created...

Contest wise, interest dropped off- people were away for the summer, and traveling but those will resume shortly--have a few great things to give away for october and november- no worries

I am undergoing treatment for the problem, and so far my body seems to be handling everything well- I will be having surgery in november, to open the foot and remove the bone matter and the scar tissue- hopefully that will relieve a lot of the pain in the surrounding area.
that is good count me in then
  10-07-2013, 05:36 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 310 posts since Feb 2010
Hello Kim:
It is wonderful to hear about the improvement in your condition. Obviously we all hope the worst is over. I have had some experience with acupuncture for pain relief from arthritis and if that is an option for you, perhaps that would help. It surprised me.
hoping all the best for you