08-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
Hello all,
This is way off topic as far as TV so if it doesn't belong I can understand if it gets removed. I have made a few good friends in here over the many years, most are gone now but as a shut in (health issues) it was nice to have people to talk to on occasion ion here.

I am a very private person so facebook and other social networking outlets that use every stitch of info they can find out about you just so you can stay in touch with family and friends is just not my thing, I sill a old fashioned email guy.

Anyway I also ramble to to get to my point (a few of you in here may know most don't) but long story short, I have my final meeting with my doctor to set up my neck and back surgeries, this will hopefully give back the use of my right arm and hand...I am worried to death and going to be dealing with a lot of physical therapy and rehabilitation so any good karma sent this would be great.

Not looking for attention so no need to respond ...I know this is not what the group is for so if this post get removed ..no hard feelings.

Thanks,
Dwen
  08-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
I'm really the same way, when it comes to social media.

I've had my share of medical issues these past few years, and am often a shut in myself these days, leaving the house once per week at most, chauffeured by family to get places. Mine are ongoing, though with some recovery. I know how you feel. Physical therapy was an ordeal that I dealt with almost daily for year, before being able to do self-therapies at home.

Watching TV was one of the few things I could do -- get lost elsewhere, so as to forget about my own plight, even if for online 20 minutes. Sometimes hours, as I'd marathon watch DVDs or shows on my media player.

Godspeed.
  08-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
Your both in my prayers. Ive had my own medical issues over the past few years. I was rear ended by a car going over 100 miles an hour messing up my spine and totalling my car. I am walking on my own again, but it took alot of time. So God Bless and speedy recoveries to you both!