Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

03-06-2006, 03:15 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
***New Feature Alert***

Are you tired of visiting the forum every 5 minutes to see if something has been posted that you need to chime in on? Well, visit no more. Just subscribe to the CPS RSS feed.

If you look in the top header, you'll see a RSS link in the bottom, next to Search and FAQ. Click that to generate your own personal RSS feed link.

Each link is unique. It contains your User ID and a portion of your encrypted password. That way, only registered users can view the feed topics. Also, since the link only contains a portion of the password, even if it got sent to someone else, they wouldn't be able to log in.

Nifty!

More new stuff on the way as I have time.
  03-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Verified Member

If you don't have an RSS reader (or would like a new one), I would suggest SAGE for Firefox. It integrates really well and shows all of the information within the browser.

http://sage.mozdev.org/
  03-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Verified Member

One last modification. In the RSS Feed, it now shows the initial post. Meaning, that you can read the first post in the RSS subscription, but you need to visit the forum to see all the replies.

I like this better functionally, but if the first post is a "novel", it can mess with your RSS reader layout.

So, what do you guys and gals think. Just display the Topic and visit the site to read the post

OR

Display the first post text in the RSS feed as well?
  03-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Whatever is not a kludge on the server wins my vote.
  03-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I just added the SAGE plug-in to Firefox. Pretty nifty. This is a nice feature.