Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

03-07-2006, 02:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
This was cut and pasted from a thread in a post from Ric Easton, I fugured the man knew what he was talking about because normally I wouldn't just cut and paste just anything I didn't know to be true.

Quote:
quote:And don't forget... when it comes to season 6, you will no longer be able to put "The WB Presents" at the top, since next fall, The WB will no longer exist.

If anyone hasn't heard, The WB and UPN are merging into one network called CW. And no, it doesn't stand for Country-Western. The C is for CBS (parent company of UPN/Paramount) and the W is for Warner Bros.
  03-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's true. There's a post here at CPS from the announcement made last year. I think it was in the early summer.
  03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
The CW merger announcement was made January 24. The details of which stations will be part of the network are still being worked out, and as of today, the network covers about 50+% of the country. WB and UPN disappear in early September.

Already likely to be included are Smallville, Supernatural, Veronica Mars, and Gilmore Girls. Officially not on the schedule is Charmed. I read that the Aquaman pilot is still a go.

Fox and someone else are putting together MyNetwork, as counterprogramming to CW. Should make for an interesting fall season ...
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  03-07-2006, 03:23 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
And still, none of them contain weekday cartoon programming