Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

04-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I want to build a "new" system for my father. At the moment, I have a P4 1.8Ghz 400FSB CPU and a 512MB stick of SDRAM/133.

.... also have the "small things" of course: LAN card, hard drive, DVD-ROM, zip drive, floppy, monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers.

What I need is a motherboard that takes the CPU and RAM I've got. And then either integrated graphics/audio, or separate cards. Has anybody got anything laying around they'd be willing to sell cheaply, maybe trade in exchange for some of my DVD sets?

I just don't trust eBay for this, and they always want to gouge you for shipping. Not really wanting to spent much money on it anyway, he only uses the computer for Excel, Word, Turbo Tax, Firefox and Outlook. His old P3 is a bit quirky and unstable, and then newer firewalls/anti-virus/spyware tools are starting to require XP, which he cannot run on the box he has now.