Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
My cable connection has been in and out for a week now, and totally down the last couple days. I can only access net from my sister's house, or when my neighbor (not sure which one!) has his/her unprotected wireless connection online.

I can read my e-mail, but not reply. I can read and reply to PMs here. And I was even in chat for a short time last night.

So if you're trying to contact me, expect a delay of at least several days. The cable company should have it all fixed shortly, I hope.

Probably a good thing anyway, I can finish sets and watch more tv, without online distractions.

06-21-2005, 03:33 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The cable guy came today, this is the THIRD TECH that's been here in recent days, and he crawled up the pole outside, just like the others had done, except this time, this guy discovered most of the wiring and cable gear was water damaged. How many techs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

When he left, I asked what's wrong. He told me about the damage, then said "I don't know what those others guys ..." and then stopped himself, shook his a head a few times, then gave me his name in case I ever have trouble and, as he says, "want to get it fixed".