Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Catholic Priest feel its more than entertainment?? ( HUH? )

It's sacrilege ? It's a fiction people.. Not the Bible.

A Movie. Not REAL LIFE RE-ENTACTMENTS . Somethings, I will never understand.
  05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Religious twits have felt more empowered in recent years. Because of pandering by the supreme monkey, they think people actually care what they think.
  05-19-2006, 12:23 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
You know, this type of thing has gone on for thousands of years, it ain't gonna stop anytime soon either. People are entitled to thier opinions not matter how twisted and distorted to you and me that it might be. What fuels these people, and always has is attention, take the spot light away and they dissapear like a fart in the wind. If the media coverage had not been what it was the whole Mexican boycott a few weeks back would have fizzled a lot sooner.
  05-19-2006, 03:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wheezer210

You know, this type of thing has gone on for thousands of years, it ain't gonna stop anytime soon either. People are entitled to thier opinions not matter how twisted and distorted to you and me that it might be. What fuels these people, and always has is attention, take the spot light away and they dissapear like a fart in the wind. If the media coverage had not been what it was the whole Mexican boycott a few weeks back would have fizzled a lot sooner.
If I could, I'd lock this thread right about now. Anytime anyone talks religion, or politics (i.e. the "Mexican boycott") you can almost be sure this thread is going to get "ugly"...
  05-19-2006, 04:10 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I frankly don't know what the big deal is. It has been proved to be nothing but fiction. I was raised Catholic and did the whole Catholic school, baptism, holy communion, and confirmation and twelve years of Catholicsm and still identify with the church. Although, I can remember the last time I went to Mass.

So what if supposably this fictionous movie proposes Jesus Christ may have had a wife and his offspring were French royality. Does anyone remember the French revolution, they gullotined them??

It would be interesting to see the outcry if they had a made a movie about Mohommed.

I believe the movie the Last Temptation made similar assumptions in the early 80s about the relationship between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdaline.
  05-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Gramma of CPS

Sorry Guys , Didnt mean to get tension stirred . Just venting on how ridiculous this Protest is.

Next time, I ll keep it to myself
  05-19-2006, 04:44 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DAN_D

Quote:

If I could, I'd lock this thread right about now. Anytime anyone talks religion, or politics (i.e. the "Mexican boycott") you can almost be sure this thread is going to get "ugly"...
sorry man, I wasn't trying to incite anything, that was the first thing that came to mind....nothing personal was meant to anyone.

05-19-2006, 08:11 AM

It was a good movie. I liked it. Sort of had that Indiana Jones or National Treasury kind of feel to it. Fictional use of some actual history (yet not all history).
  05-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Gramma of CPS

Cant wait to see it lol
  05-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Religion is the worst. It's the biggest killer in history. Billions killed in the name of God over the centuries.
  05-20-2006, 12:31 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
i think with all the freakydeak things priest do these days with lil' children ... (mostly boys) you would think they would rather protest themselves from holy blasphemy,lies,murder,rubbing elbows with governments and hording "the lords money" ,..lol.

they think Jesus will appriciate that they protested a movie ? ..lol

i think Jesus would appriciate if they hung themselves for all the damage they helped the Devil cause.

just one mans opinion.
  05-20-2006, 02:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
DAJ, because I agree with what you said, I have sent in a request to have the movie renamed.... The Dajizzarizza Code.
  05-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Gramma of CPS

lol
  05-20-2006, 06:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
saw it tonight, thought it was pretty good.
  05-20-2006, 10:36 PM

Verified Member

Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wayshway

Religion is the worst. It's the biggest killer in history. Billions killed in the name of God over the centuries.
I have to disagree, it's not the religion(s), it's the people. Saying religion kills people is equivilant to saying guns kill people. Not everyone who is religious has an extremist view, and not every gun owner kills people.

Religion can be a very good thing, and does do a lot of good for people. It gives direction to those that otherwise would not have any, but like any tool it can be used and abused by those seeking to pervert it for thier own twisted agenda.
  05-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
People are the biggest killer of people! It isn't always the religion that is the culprit, its just hate and the ability of people to rationalize their behavior. It could be land, property rights (water) and the desire for the other persons' resources or a difference in political beliefs.

I believe there are several commandments that address such behavior;
#5-Thy shall not kill
#7 Thy shall not steal
#10 Thy shall not covet thy neighbor's goods.

I always find it amazing that all religions have reference to the ten commandments in them but are still ignored.
  05-21-2006, 05:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Me and my wife saw this movie Friday night and let me just say that they REALLY toned down the issues with Catholicism when compared to the book, there are whole parts that never made it in the movie and the way the characters discussed it was MUCH more tame than how it was written.

The church and its followers should actually WATCH this movie before protesting it because I have seen local news casts that were more objectionable

I have a degree in relgious studies NOT how to be religious so obviously I take the debate and the issues regarding the bible much differently than say a devout Catholic (like my father) would.
  05-21-2006, 06:19 AM

It was a lot like Indiana Jones or National Treasury.
It's historicalesque (if that's even a word, probably not).
  05-21-2006, 06:46 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
If not, it should be a word!