05-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Animation and comic-book artist Alex Toth died Saturday at his drawing board, his son said. He was 78.

Eric Toth posted the following on the Alex Toth forum page:

"I am Alex's oldest son Eric. I meant to be the one to let everyone know that my father did pass away this morning drawing/writing at his table. I do not have any further details other than I will forward an address for those interested in sending cards. We will arrange something appropriate at or around the convention this summer in San Diego. ...All of your cards and letters of the recent past were very much appreciated by my father. Only in these last years did he begin to understand and accept the fact that his work had touched so many people's lives. In time, more information will follow."

Toth is perhaps best known for his animation work at Hanna-Barbera, which included Space Ghost, Jonny Quest, Superfriends, Fantastic Four and Herculoids.

06-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
RIP IN PEACE SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST....