Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've run into this a lot in years past.

You're at a friend's house, maybe you're spending the weekend, or visiting for the day, working on a school or work project, and you need something. And I mean COMMON ITEMS that most normal people have.
These people are in their 20s-30s and have jobs and live in their own homes, it's not like they are poor teenagers living at home.

I guess this could apply to family too, but luckily nobody in my family is this dumb.

The lists of stupid things my friends DO NOT OWN:

- scissors
- stapler
- scotch tape (or masking tape, or duct tape, or ANY KIND of tape)
- steak knife (anything sharper than a butter knife suitable for food)
- refrigerator (yes, a friend owned it, but it was unplugged, because he wanted to save electricity)
- hammer, pliers, screwdrivers
- jumper cables, tire iron (if he ever has a flat tire, he's going to be screwed)
- no VCR, owns VHS tapes .. and at the same time .. owns DVD player, no DVDs
- pencils, markers ... he only owns 2 pens, one of them was dry
- clock
- dictionary
- blank paper (post-it, notebook, typing, ANYTHING!)
- hot water pot, toaster
- salt and pepper
- a ruler, yardstick, measuring tape... ANYTHING that measures
- owns a floppy drive, zip drive, CD/DVD burner .... but has no blank floppies, zip disks or CD/DVD media
- flashlight
- kleenex ... he uses napkins or toilet paper
- bath soap, dish soap, hand soap ... but he has a fancy girly body wash in the shower
- only owns 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels

I'm sure there are more, these are just ones off the top of my head. These same friends have all kinds of fancy video games, HDTV sets, laptops, cars, etc ... but they do not seem to have what I'd consider basic necessities. It's not like they cannot afford them.

What's wrong with people?

06-11-2006, 05:00 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
lol, kinda like some friends of mine who have mustard, ketchup, salsa, hot sauce, but nothing to put them on! and do they think "hey, maybe I should go buy some bread, lunchmeat, and chips." no, they get hungry, they go to mcdonalds or somewhere like that. or I have some friends who have ice trays in their freezer, but they don't put ice in them, they just go out and buy bags of ice. I can understand they live in an apartment, and the city water may be nasty especially to them since they grew up in the country with well water, but why do they leave the empty trays in the freezer??? I asked 'em once and received a "I don't know" answer, but they don't wanna take them out!!!

ah well, my friends are weird. And I don't think it'd be the same if they weren't.
  06-11-2006, 02:54 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
Dental Floss!! These things are a necessity after eating steak, ribs, and maybe some corn on the cob at a bud's bbq. Man, how the heck do they get them things outta there? I did see a bunch of toothpicks, but those things are ancient and almost always causes gum-bleeding.

The one thing he always has to have though, is ice in the freezer. Lousy bum couldn't drink his coca cola without ice. Now that right there, try and explain that to me.
  06-11-2006, 04:35 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
hmm... I have a friend who can't stand to have ice in a drink. lol
  06-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
- bath soap, dish soap, hand soap ... but he has a fancy girly body wash in the shower
- only owns 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels

tell me you don't shake hands with these friends ...
  06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
lol Soap is a must. You can have no food. You have to be clean lol

My mom , for a while , owned dvds no player ??? lol Make a copy of this ? But mom you have no player lol She 's hoopie she calles vd's lmao !
  06-14-2006, 10:18 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
lol,.. that's gonna be you in 20 years cp ..lol
  06-14-2006, 04:48 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 109 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to MBates05
I can agree with you LS...one time at my girlfriends (who lives with her family) house I needed a phillips head screwdriver and there was none in the house. It got me really frustrated for some reason bc I had to go back to my house to get it.
  06-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
My friend has replaced like ever item he can with his stupid cell phone
He uses it for his alarm-
He uses it for a calculator which let me tell you is exhausting waiting for him to finish
He uses it for games while waiting anywhere we have to wait-
And some functions don't work WHILE your using it, so I calle dhim asking fo ra mutual friends number he had to hang up with me, to look through his MENU to call me back and give me the number
Because its his phone book / email minder as well

I am nto saying not to use the convienience of a cell phone- but for more times then not- he has been late or unable to do something because his cell was lost or dead.
If he forgets to charge it he can't function anymore.

*end rant*