Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
For the kitchen:
For the bathroom:
For the bedroom:
For the home office:
For the computer:
For the car:
For the video hobby:

.... and any other category you can think of.

Here's mine...

For the kitchen: tie between a steamer and a George Foreman grill
For the bathroom: really thick bath towels
For the bedroom: down comforter
For the home office: high speed blower fan, keeps room cool
For the computer: 19" LG LCD monitor
For the car: 10-disc CD changer
For the video hobby: JVC S-VHS VCR

06-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
LS, not a reply to this thread but a question.

the high speed blower fan for the home office.

i'm concerned that my room gets too hot, especially last week when temperatures reached mid to high thirties and also very high humidity levels.

whilst i'm at home, i open the pc case and use a small fan to circulate the air better. still, the remainder of my room, and hence the other equipment, do run very warm/hot.

so what's the best way to cool down the room, bar air con?

how good is your high speed fan?

tell me the make & model and let me research this.

cheers
  06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This is the fan:
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-stanle...i-1747223.html

It's loud, and I only have it on when the room is hot (all 3 computers, plus video equipment turned on, after about 4-5 hours). The unit sits just outside the room, in the next room where it's still cool. And then I aim it in here to blow. And man, does it blow out a ton of air! By far one of the most powerful fans I've ever seen (it was made for outdoor work, like auto shops).

06-12-2006, 03:39 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
my contribution:

For the kitchen: an automatic, battery powered, can opener. I hated having to come upstairs to have to open cans of tomato sauce for my girl when she cooks. Now, i've been replaced with something electronic. (Gee what's next, a vibrator in the bedroom?)

For the bathroom: a loofa. yeah, yeah. I used to be an Irish Spring type of guy and just scrub away with the bar of soap. but ever since my girl and I moved in and she brought her beauty "utensils", I couldn't go back to just using a bar of soap. Loofa is definitely Bettah!

For the bedroom: my xbox 360!!

For the home office: new executive chair (fabric,not leather). the one I used to have was a hand-me-down and definitely not comfortable. Now this one that I have....ooh, good enough to sleep on.

For the computer: TV Tuner. Since I already have too many things in my office, having another tv is definitely not suitable. With the tuner, I get to watch my tv, and use the PC at the same time!

For the car: My Sony in-dash mp3 player. no more hundreds and hundreds of cd's in my cd wallet, I now only carry 30 discs and I have about a thousand or so songs at my disposal. Once took a drive from Chicago to Florida and not even repeated a song!

For the video hobby: a pc arcade stick to play with my MAME roms! bought a few pieces of wood at a local Ikea and voila! I have myself a video arcade! I didn't like the way the arcade cabinet looked, so I had to trim it a bit and ended up with a "podium" of sorts where my arcade stick sits, and the monitor is about 4 feet away.
  06-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
For the kitchen:The nice scoobydoo folder I have to hold all the take out menues in.
(grin)

For the bathroom:Hmm probably my water dental pick.
Seems to save me brushing time and has increased my whitness and fresh breath lol

For the bedroom:My bed. I invested almost an entire months salary into a memory foam top water bed. Best thing I ever felt, and I sleep like a baby now.
Sleep is really the key to happiness I think.

For the home office:My computer chair-

For the computer:My monitor- flat screen plasma-the best for gaming.

For the car:Autostart. Chicagoland Winters are a killer

For the video hobbyvd/CD repair kit. saved my butt lots of times from careless handling, and accidents