Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-26-2006, 01:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, thought i would ask here. i assume the answer is yes, but you know what can happen with assuming. LOL. i was wondering if the xm radio broadcasting is the same on directv as it is on the radio. does anyone here know for sure? please let me know. thanks
  06-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Verified Member

hi, called xm radio customer service and the programming line up is the same as i figured that it was. thanks
  06-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
XM Radio is way different than the few channels you get on DirecTV. Ask markatisu about it, he's had it a while now. For example, XM has a channel dedicated to playing old time radio shows!
  06-26-2006, 02:09 AM

Verified Member

hi, yes i have found that out. thanks
  06-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
DirectTV licenses a bunch of the XM Radio stations for use on their systems, it was a deal they struck a while back in place of say Music Choice on digital cable or whatever Dish Network has for their music provider.

But DirectTV is missing a nice chunk of XM stations such as talk stations, OTR, and more specifically Sports last I checked. DirecTV used to have the main channel Home Plate for Major League Baseball but removed it to make room for other things.

I can tell you about all things XM if you have any questions, I have 2 XM Units (one for our home and one for the car) and have had the service since last year

The OTR channel is neat as well and coming up they are replaying the entire run of Superman OTR as a tribute to the Superman Returns movie

If you have access to XM via their service or DirecTV check out the Superman Returns events they are having:

The cast of the movie, including Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth, Brandon Routh, Parker Posey and others, will descend upon Ethel (XM 47) this Wednesday starting at noon (Eastern) and continuing all day.

The director of Superman Returns, Bryan Singer, will appear on Cinemagic (XM 27) starting on Monday @ 2pm ET to talk about his latest project with Dave Z on Reel Time. They'll discuss the evolution of the project, the difficulties of writing a script on a superhero who is virtually indestructable, and the amazing score from composer John Ottman. Encores will be replayed all week.

Speaking of John Ottman, also on Cinemagic, the movie's composer will discuss the music behind the Superman Returns starting on Wednesday at Midnight ET and lasting all day long. Every hour will feature a cue with liner notes from Ottman and background behind each cue.

And then on Radio Classics (XM 164) tune in for a Man of Steel Marathon. Before he hit the big screen, Superman was a radio star and Radio Classics will feature the entire old time radio storyline that originally aired over a two week span in February 1948.
  06-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The entire run of Superman is like 1200+ episodes!
  06-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I think they are talking about a complete run being a specific storyline that ran for 2 weeks. Thats one downside of the OTR channel is that it just says what shows are playing