Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

07-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Resemble?

Not a time has gone by that my friend and her husband and I have gone out- and someone hasn't mistaken him for Drew Carey.
I know, JUST who you wanna look like- but he is a dead ringer.
I personally look like no one- but I am curious do any of you guys get mistaken for anyone>
  07-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Strangely enough when I was younger, people used to mistake me for Kathleen Turner. I never saw any similarity, personally. I've also been told I bore a resemblance to Faye Dunaway, and she doesn't look anything like Kathleen Turner, so I don't know what those people were smoking.

My favorite famous person story though is a mistaken identity that worked the other way. At the 1980 World SF Con in Boston, apparently Mark Hamill attended and wore his Luke Skywalker costume from the first SWars flick. No one noticed him among the sea of Luke Skywalkers at the con (Empire had only been released a few months earlier), and he was able to walk around and enjoy the con unmolested. I've never confirmed that story is true, but based on his history - he was a frequent SF con attendee before landing the role of Skywalker, and in fact had asked his agent to get him onto the set so he could watch production, which is how he was submitted for casting, I would not be at all surprised to learn that it's true.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-10-2006, 03:52 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
I've been told I look like a model? lol not anyone paticular..

Also, been told I look like singer from fuel, the guy from beck.. trent reznor. uhm, I guess thats it?
  07-10-2006, 08:26 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
when I was still a teenager in highschool they used to call me Rob as I looked like Robert Downey Jr (before he totally went drug crazy).
And my infamous 15 seconds of fame was getting killed by the toxic avenger in Toxie part 4
  07-17-2006, 06:10 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
When I was younger I was told that I looked like James Dean more than once - but that is a long time ago now. For a while I went for that Lorenzo Lamas in Renegade look - long hair and the whole bit but conditioner was costing me a small fortune now I am just your average slightly overwieght middle-aged white guy - dang - to be 22 again.....
  07-17-2006, 06:11 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
why is this changing d-a-m-n to dang - that seems pretty innocent to be picked up by the curse radar