Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

Closed Thread
  09-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Just sad

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...9/s1732439.htm

The naturalist and television star Steve Irwin has died in a diving accident in far north Queensland. He was 44.

Police say he was stung through the heart by a stingray while diving off Port Douglas.'
  09-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
dang, so sad.... I loved Steve . I remember when croc files started . Danielle was little . She used to call him crocagator man lol At least he died doing what he loved doing. RIP Crocagator man
  09-04-2006, 01:07 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
omg, no way... this is not cool thats really sad, he was always happy kinda person it seemed.
  09-04-2006, 04:19 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
He has been going down hill since he got in trouble for playing with his child right in front of some crocidles! It was a stupid move on his part!
  09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Gramma of CPS

Ah shat up . Where's your manners. Didnt anyone tell you its not nice to speak ill of the dead ... sheese... Hope Steve haunts you in your daydreams
  09-04-2006, 10:35 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

He has been going down hill since he got in trouble for playing with his child right in front of some crocidles! It was a stupid move on his part!
and that has what to do with his death?

If you wanna judge someone on one stupid thing they may have done then I guess I have a right to judge your overall character on the moronic statement you just made.
  09-04-2006, 11:15 AM

I never cared for the guy! I thought he was wreckless and it was just a manner of time before something like this happened- and guess what! Frankly, that is the opinion of all the news articles on him. Did you read how he was killed? He was swimming to close to a stingray- there is a reason they call them stingrays, even sharks don't mess with them! I'm just glad he didn't get someone else killed- like his kid!

So wheezer stick it where the sun don't shine!
  09-04-2006, 11:47 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

I never cared for the guy! I thought he was wreckless and it was just a manner of time before something like this happened- and guess what! Frankly, that is the opinion of all the news articles on him. Did you read how he was killed? He was swimming to close to a stingray- there is a reason they call them stingrays, even sharks don't mess with them! I'm just glad he didn't get someone else killed- like his kid!

So wheezer stick it where the sun don't shine!
That is what it boils down to for you...your personal feelings?

He was filming about stingrays, so yes he was close to them.

I guess then according to you and these other sources, when Vic Morrow and those 2 kids were killed in the making of the Twighlight Zone the movie some years back, thier deaths were justified because they KNEW the dangers of working on a film set with a helicopter and were moronic to even attempt the scene in which they died.

I didn't like Dale Earhart, but it is a shame he was killed. But according to you because I don't like him personally I have the right and obligation to critisize him in death and make statements like "Go racing 200 mph on a race track and thats what you get...stupid move"

The fact is the man died doing what he loved.

Not many people can or will say the same. How many people die in nursing homes and have rejoiced at the fact they were there?

Instead of judging someone how they died pull your head out and if you are going to be judgemental, judge them at how they lived.

09-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
He will be missed.
  09-04-2006, 12:17 PM

Yeah, he left a wife and a small child behind over being careless. I'll bet his last thoughts were BOY,THAT WAS STUPID! I'm sure he is regretting where he is and the fact he was doing what he loved at the time is of little concern to him.

You're right, my personal feelings do color my judgement. I lost all respect for the guy when I saw that video of him prancing his daughter around in front of crocodiles for the sake of the camera. Reminds me of Michael Jackson video hanging his child out over the balcony to wave to his fans. Can you imagine what he was like when a camera wasn't filming? Your Vic Morrow & nursing home examples are obtuse at best. By using your logic, a alcoholic driving drunk and causing an accident would be accceptable behavior! Remember, he or she is doing what they love!

The incident I descibed above lost him a lot of fans, and almost got him prosecuted for child endangerment. I believe he started taking more risks to try and regain his popularity that he had lost after the incident.

Anyway, wheezer when you stop crying you can go watch Jeff Corwin. Of course that is after you pull your head out.

09-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I fall in the middle.

While it was great that he cared so much about wildlife, and educating others about wildlife, he took a lot of risks. I had a feeling he'd meet this sort of untimely death. That's something I thought years ago. I think the toddler-as-bait comment is fair too, because somebody who is 100% sane doesn't do that. He took risks, possibly missing a few of his marbles, so something like this is not really a huge shock for most folks.

Of course, none of that makes it any less sad. It's still a shame he's gone. Especially for his family.

09-04-2006, 02:15 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Your Vic Morrow & nursing home examples are obtuse at best. By using your logic, a alcoholic driving drunk and causing an accident would be accceptable behavior! Remember, he or she is doing what they love!
LOL...ok well no.

See when an alcoholic does that they deserve to die because they are a danger not only to themselves, but other people around them.

When Irwin died, he was putting no one in danger but himself, that does not mean he deserved it.

I sincerly hope that when your time comes, you are doing something that you feel is worthwhile, no matter what it is, and I also hope that you don't die as a result of your own ignorance...but then again if you do I guess you'll deserve it huh?

09-04-2006, 02:36 PM

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
It amazes me how the really good people die, yet... There are morons and people like my neighbor still living (trust me, its not a basic feud, this guy is a ****ing son of a ****) Anyhow, people, I don't know, so many ignorant people, no wonder the world is going to hell. If I'm out of place here, sorry. But I don't feel like i'm standing up for someone who I've never met, nor can ever now. I'm standing up for pure humanity. The comments people make, ugh.. just ridiculous. Can't believe there are people of that type here. But, they are everywhere. No matter whut the situation is. Doesn't matter what a person has done, they can still be the best people you could ever come in contact with. Nothing happened to his child, so let it go. It's very very crazy, that almost EVERYONE and anyone that knew of Irwin was very shocked and upset of this news today. It is a very sad day, on 2 accounts. 1. Steve Irwin had died, 2. The ignorance of people really came out. But, i'll leave it at this.... some people make me very very ill. people=crap ...therefore no wonder "the world is going to end" rid us of the ignorance.

***EDIT*** Add in...

Flame me, do whichever. How can you judge a person and their death on things they have done (which accounted to nothing, but hyped up media. ) You can base your views of a person on the words they say, but never judge. You just truly know whut your dealing with, when someone is so selfish to critisize someone who has died and millions of people are sad over. Are you that jealous of someone who has died and are missed more than you might ever be? Call me selfish, but that is a terrible way to come at someone who is dead. I don't care who you are, it is not very respectful, nor on a level of high class to be speaking badly about someone to this degree. I just hope that most people can grow up and just be caring one day. Otherwise, try to sleep, for which you have a cold soul. Soon to be burning.......
  09-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
My criticism of him barely changed.

It used to be "that guy is going to get himself killed" and I said it a lot when I watched his Animal Planet show. Along with "that guy is nuts".

Now I'm saying "that guy got himself killed" and "that guy was nuts".

All I did was change "is" to "was".

Death doesn't change things, aside from verb tense.

If your neighbor died today, tomorrow you surely wouldn't be trying to saint him because he died. You'd probably still refer to him as "that guy is was ****ing son of a ****".

You are you are, and you were who you were.

Of course, none of that changes the fact that it's sad he is gone. Being sad doesn't change who the person was.

09-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Gramma of CPS

A ROSE IS a ROSE. A TURD IS a TURD. But Even turds can change. In size that is...

All in how you look at things. I dont know whats more depressing. His death? Or aruing over opinions of his death? I say this thread should be like steve...put to rest in peace.

09-04-2006, 03:36 PM

Thanks LS, some people have no perspective! I can't believe some people and the logic or lack thereof they use to justify their statements. My original post was,

"He has been going down hill since he got in trouble for playing with his child right in front of some crocidles! It was a stupid move on his part!"

There isn't one word in that statement that isn't true! Of course, if the crocodile had snapped up his little girl???? The guy lost endorsements, etc, over this. It wasn't a little mistake! People go to jail for less.

Wheezer said, I'm a moron, only says I'm ignorant, and a "cold soul"! Geez, did you guys get lobotomies! Stop your celebrity worship- . Better yet, send me a private PM and we can take this private.

The guy is dead! He forgot the primary law in dealing with wild animals, vertbrates, etc! Respect them, and keep your distance-because they can kill you!

I'm more concerned with the fifth anniversary of 9/11 coming up!

Closed Thread