Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
While this may sound like a silly question, do you really sit and ponder things like your age? Do you have to say it or write it a lot? Usually not!

So the other day a friend of mine asks if I can stop and grab him some beer on the way to his house. I don't readily recall his age either, but we're well over 21. In fact, we're both years out of college.

Anyway, the lady at the counter, barely spoke English, asks me how old I was. My immediate answer was "hell, I don't know ... let me think for a second". And I did, and I remembered, and I told her.

She didn't ask for my ID. Weird that you'd ask the question, but not for the ID.

This is NOT the first time this has happened to me, just the most recent.

Anyway ... how about you?

09-06-2006, 03:22 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Quite a few times, randomly. Just over anything, or just thinking, I think I'm one age... then I'm like wait, lmfao
  09-06-2006, 03:34 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
I usually think I'm a year younger than I really am for some reason...but then everyone tells me I look older than I am. Weird how that works out.
  09-06-2006, 10:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 234 posts since Jun 2005
I thinkyou only forget when it is important enough for you to answer right away. For example after reading LS post I immediately knew I was 28. However given the same situation he was in for sure I would have stumbled on my answer also. Another example is where were you born, something you know easily, however when I crossed the US border the other day and was asked by the customs officer it took me a second to spit it out.....
  09-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I always forget when I am asked, for some reason as FortunecOOkie said I can remember now but if we were out and asked I would have to take my wifes age and then add 3 years to it. She always thinks I am joking but I truly dont remember when someone questions me.
  09-07-2006, 01:40 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
I stopped counting after 27. And for some reason, when asked about my age...i tend to say 27.

I'm 31.

Old and grumpy.
  09-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I forget a lot of things. Days of the week, peoples names, meds, dvds..... I never forget my age grandpas !

Should I set up a little retirement resort for you guys ? Do you prefer a walker ? Or a cane ? Strained peas ? Or carrots ?

09-07-2006, 01:50 AM

To be honest, I can't remember my parent's age, or their bdays. (Exact dates) Nor my g/fs bday. I can kinda remember If I have to think about it. Or, our anniversary. Uhm, my birthday is easy. 01/01 wooooo. I have a terrible memory, I'd blame it on the drugs, but I don't do them. So, I'll just take it as stoopid

**edit** Was I allowed to answer twice? haha
  09-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Gramma of CPS

All men forget dates adam. If they say so other wise. They are all liars. Men wouldnt remember. Unless they were pre- nagged the day before lol Not stupid... Blonde roots

You guys are killing me .

09-07-2006, 02:03 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I'd like to forget my age! I can't believe in a couple of years I'll be the big Five-O. What the hell happened?? I figured I'd be dead by the time I was 30. The only difference from 30 that I feel is in the morning. My joints,my ribs, my neck and back. It takes me about an hour to get going! There's a lesson for you youngsters- take care of your body. All the wear & tear catches up with ya! I wish I hadn't been so gunho into the karate (PKA-ribs, jaw), skydiving (knees & back) and other stupid stuff when I was in my twenties & thirties!

My wife who just turned 40, was just complaining about it. She says I look younger than her, and the grey I'm getting around my temples just makes me look more distinguished. It's strange, because people (clients) just trust me more because of it. So I guess there are some advantages to it. Another advantage to getting older at least for men, is that instead of thinking about sex every 2 minutes, it's more like ten minutes now, an hour on a good day! I get more done!
  09-07-2006, 02:06 AM
Gramma of CPS

Check. Marcus prefers a cane.

09-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by onlyemokid

To be honest, I can't remember my parent's age, or their bdays. (Exact dates) Nor my g/fs bday. I can kinda remember If I have to think about it. Or, our anniversary.
Ha ha its great you say that my wife just asked me when my moms birthday was and my dads and I was like "beats me"

I know the month they are in, I only know my wifes because it is the exact same day as my brothers (freaky I know)

And mine of course is the same day (even down to the year) that Garfield was created.
  09-07-2006, 02:42 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Unfortuanetly CP, I've always needed a cane! Too beat the women off-LOL!

What really makes you think about your age is when you have male friends, and old class mates having heart attacks, strokes, getting hip replacements,hair transplants and are on third or fourth marriages! I had one friend married a woman twenty-five years younger than him! I made the comment to him that he made all us guys jealous, my wife heard it and didn't talk to me for a couple of days ( I really need to say these things more often). The women I knew are getting facelifts,liposuction, boob jobs and are grandmothers!

Try buring three friends in one year! One had an heart attack, another an anerism, and the other died in a car accident (no seat belts- which was stupid and he was a multi-millionaire)!
  09-07-2006, 03:19 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisu

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by onlyemokid

To be honest, I can't remember my parent's age, or their bdays. (Exact dates) Nor my g/fs bday. I can kinda remember If I have to think about it. Or, our anniversary.
Ha ha its great you say that my wife just asked me when my moms birthday was and my dads and I was like "beats me"

I know the month they are in, I only know my wifes because it is the exact same day as my brothers (freaky I know)

And mine of course is the same day (even down to the year) that Garfield was created.

It's bad when my g/f remembers my parent's bdays for me...
  09-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Gramma of CPS

Here 's a way to keep track. Remember in high school . When you wrote down the test answers on the back of your hand. Or on your arm. Have it tatooed. You 'll never forget. Unless you forget to look
  09-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
My wife always reminds me I'm 10 years older than her. (lol)
  09-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Gramma of CPS

"Hmmmm... Jailbait she was. Yes." "
  09-07-2006, 12:27 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 188 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to jowins
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cp32

"Hmmmm... Jailbait she was. Yes." "
In which you would know all about.

09-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Gramma of CPS

Of course lol
  09-08-2006, 01:54 AM

Stats: 227 posts since Jun 2005
Forgetting your age must be a guy thing. When my hubby's asked his age, he always looks at me to confirm the number he's chosen for the day. Oddly, he never guesses a year older, only a year younger.